“Sorry, Lois. Something came up,” Clark murmured. “Anyway, I knew you could handle it on your own.”
He really needs to tell Lois the truth.

“I didn’t do it intentionally, Lois. I was on my way to the press conference when I heard about a fire in the diamond district. My source on the MFD arson squad told me that Superman found the body of a highly esteemed jeweler,” Clark murmured. “His neck had been broken and the fire started to cover it up. It spread through the neighborhood ‘like a child playing with matchsticks’. The arson investigator’s words, not mine.”
At least he is telling her the truth, just leaving out one key piece.

Lois pressed her lips together. “I read your story, Chuck, but thanks for the recap. It still doesn’t excuse you for dropping our boring story for an exciting Superman one of your own.”
Clark needs to tell her the whole truth.

“Pity,” she murmured, leaning closer to him. She tried not to make it obvious she was catching Clark’s ‘today’ scent. Unlike other men, who smelled like a gallon of cologne, or scented soap, Clark’s aroma was hard to pin down.
Well, this does explain why she has not deduced Ck=SM with her olifactory senses.

from time to time he had a smoky scent like danger or a fire,
On the other hand, maybe she should be deducing Ck=SM.

“Wake up, Lois!” Clark hissed, nudging her with his shoulder. “Perry’s talking to you.”
smile1 he is touching her.

thinking about what she would do the next time she had Clark in bed,
She really does like him.

decided to choose this moment to escape. Everyone thought she was being facetious.
I love how we get new explanations for familiar actions.

Clark leaned towards Lois, and whispered, “That was a real yawn. Are you not sleeping well?”
smile1 smile1 Clark is truly perceptive.

[Quote]“Of course,” Lois retorted, thrilled at even this little flirtatious conversation.[/Quote

smile1 Lois and Clark are flirting.

John Pack Lambert