She realized that she hadn’t responded. “Um… thank you?” she said, turning to head back to the luncheon. “Shall we return?”
I do not think accepting Luthor's compliment was wise.

“Perhaps it was that partner of yours, who took the watch,” Lex accused.
Lois: Luthor is not winning any points. Whatever else Clark is, he is definately not a robber.

Uh-huh, right.
Maybe Lois and the rest of the newsroom won't get exposed to Revenge. That would be so much better.

“I do,” she lied, taking another sip of her juice. “I confronted Clark about it. He felt bad about the misunderstanding and produced documentation, proving his identity. I would now appreciate it if you would drop the matter. My partner’s past is of no concern to you.” Her concern, yes. Lex’s, not in this century… millennium… ever!
smile1 she stuck up for Clark.

“Lois, I’m sorry if my motives are unclear. I’m worried about you, putting your trust in a man who might have ulterior motives concerning you,” Lex said calmly.
Sounds like Luthor is describing himself.

“It sounds to me as if you’re more worried that Clark and I have moved into a romantic relationship,” she retorted, recalling with clarity their conversation from Christmas Eve.
clap You tell him Lois.

Had they? Not officially. “Clark and I are friends. We are partners at work. That is the extent of our relationship, if you must know,” Lois said. For now.
Well, at least Lois wants a change.

Lex beamed at these words and, for a second, Lois considered retracting them.
Good. Although she would maybe have to lie.

He had been much too interested in Clark, investigating his past and checking up on his current activities. No, it would be better, safer for Clark, if Lex Luthor dropped Clark as a person of interest or envy. Anyway, she didn’t need to be involved with another man as an excuse to say ‘no’ to Lex.
It won't work anyway, since Luthor does not accept no.

“I’ll send a car to pick you up at eight, my dear,” Lex said, taking her elbow and leading her back into the function.
Lois you need to learn to just say no to Luthor.

She would also keep quiet about it to Clark.
This does not sound wise.

She felt like a very lucky mouse escaping the jaws of that boa constrictor.
She really should have just catagorically rejected Luthor.

[Quote]Misery didn’t even touch on how horrible Lois felt. She dropped her head onto the conference table. The door opened and in walked her coworkers for their morning staff meeting. She lifted her head and caught sight of Clark as he slid into the seat next to her.[/Quote

dance dance Clark is hear.

John Pack Lambert