Christina: Thank you for the long FDK! hyper
*straps on seatbelt because this one is going to be a fun ride*
I hope so. laugh
The garbage strike after Christmas hadn’t helped matters any either.
At first I thought this was just a random addition.
It was an explanation on why they were spraying for fruit flies in the middle of winter.

When I finally got time to read this so I could review? My mind went "OH! That's Clark's assignment!"
Nope, Clark's working the "Dock Strike" not the "Garbage Strike" (which is now over and happened in January off page).

Stalker! The attack of the killer watch!
*cue Twilight Zone music*
clap

How about one of Lex's flunkies.
That's one of the theories.

Or Lex. Lex makes more sense. Considering how badly the recording effort has gone to this point he'd probably try to personally make sure the device was in her possession.
Yes, Lex as the evil queen from Snow White, finally learns to take matters into his own hands... Or maybe he will someday, since giving Lois the watch is still working through a mediary.

Sounds like you weren't that "in the mood" for the fruit fly assignment. ... Then again, you didn't sound like you were assigned that yet.
Fruit Fly assignment was in February. The Floater was on Christmas morning back over a month previous. She's thinking back on it.

Wouldn't it have been hilarious if that had still been the case but from Lex? Considering his monetary talents and abilities it's completely possible he'd hire someone to search the docks just for it.
Maybe he has.

Thank god. Then no one else would be subjected to such a garish item.
CLARK: I was thinking the same thing.

Oh dear, didn't know he was exposed to that yet. I guess Miranda sprayed him in the morning.
[Linked Image]

Oh my, a jealous Lex is a dangerous Lex.
He is, isn't he?

For all she knew, Luthor might BE the person Clark's hiding out from.
Perhaps he is.

*Lex pens in his catch.*

*and snares his prey quite neatly.*
clap

Lois: Sometimes I hate Lex. What am I saying? Of course I hate Lex!
He's making it difficult to love him.

I'd agree, kind of frightening.
Eerie Lex.

And of course that will mean Lex will be attempting to track that ghost of a certificate down.
He's already been doing that.

That, of course could be rather enthralling in the right circumstances. It could also be alarming. I could just imagine her inner self going "Red Alert! Red Alert!! All hands prepare to engage defense mechanisms!!"
[Linked Image]

Wait... wasn't she just at the press conference? Is there supposed to be a break there?
She was thinking back to the previous day with Lex at the luncheon.

Sounds like when the pheromone kicks in things would be even MORE heated, not less. Clark hadn't kissed her purely because he wanted to before that in canon.
Nope, they hadn't dated and they also weren't on a relationship "break", which only Lois could unbreak (in Clark's opinion).

And while that's understandable I'm sure it's setting things back for the two of them. It's heating that tension to a blazing inferno on both sides. The pheromone is going to be that perfect spark, I'm sure.
[Linked Image]

Mazik jewelers?
Could have been. Or it could have been another watchmaker who had made a hideous looking green / red glowing crystal that Lois didn't want.

And once Clark and Lois are together I'm sure that will take on a new level of excitement to say that. (Please note I didn't say WHICH Clark and Lois.)
Noted. Yes, I can see the teasing fun intensify with Superman double entendres.

Probably catching the faint scent of whatever he was trying to help.
[Linked Image]

LOL. I love how Lois acted like she was caught necking with the quarterback by the school principal.
Pretty much.

Lois: Are you saying our relationship is at a standstill? Are you telling Perry that we aren't getting along??
Yes, she misconstrued Clark's response to Perry.

Well what do you know? My quote buffer ran out! On to the next ten.
Well, shucks. clap

You know, Marketing never made much sense to me. Now PR does... but then again, these days PR is sometimes considered a division of marketing.
Martketing for the Daily Planet, and PR for the perfume company?

Flirrrrrrrrrt!
Clark's a bit more open to flirting since getting the green light from Carlos.

*squinches up face* I don't know about that Clark. The decision to take up the cloth is a kind of serious endeavour and not taken up lightly. I don't know if even Lois would change that (unless there's something in Clark's soul past to suggest that which we were not privy to.)
He's trying to do the right thing. Yes, I agree with you (as does Carlos), but at the moment, Clark cannot see how anyone could choose a life without Lois than one with her.

I think you've been missing some obvious signs to me. It seems like Lois has been pulling the "reverse psychology" stuff on herself and it's bleeding out in my point of view.
Lois might have finally admitted to herself that she loves Clark, but she still hasn't let herself do anything about it because of his whole lying about his past thing. Of course, once she had admitted this to herself, Clark became irresistable, and Lois started to do those things we all do when we have a crush on someone and don't want (but at the same time, do want) them to know. Everything she says or does seems obvious (only to her), everything said to her says he loves her (of course, she might be right about that), and everything everyone else says makes it seems like everyone else knows as well (okay, maybe they do; it would explain the sudden appearance of the popcorn machine in the break area). wink

I didn't get why she kept saying "now" at first. Then as this went along my eyebrows went even higher.
You're not the only one. It took Clark a while as well.

Well it looks like "just friends" won't be that for too much longer.
evil

I could almost hear that seductive, breathy tone. Somehow I suspect it was even more seductive than canon Lois was because all of the priming that happened in the days prior.
Thank you.

And I'm certain Clark's thinking of ways to put the rest of the day to good use. In bed.
Not quite.

Oh boy, Clark's mind's blown. Lights are on, no one's home. Or more like the light fuse just blew. And I know I'm mixing my metaphors but I'm sure this instance deserves it.
rotflol

LOL, Love how even on the pheromone perfume she can still be blunt when she needs to be.
As you know, it's difficult to keep a Revenge-addled Lois to still be Lois.

Oh dear. And here, I can just imagine that happening.
Well, we'll see...

Yum, yum, yum. Sounds like Clark's going to be enjoying himself very soon.

Just hope this won't come back to bite him hard.
cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.