She had the most boring story assignment of her life, fruit flies, and that was saying something.
*straps on seatbelt because this one is going to be a fun ride*
The garbage strike after Christmas hadn’t helped matters any either.
At first I thought this was just a random addition.

When I finally got time to read this so I could review? My mind went "OH! That's Clark's assignment!"

Lois had returned that hideous watch after Lex had given it to her; she distinctly remembered doing so. Nevertheless, when she had gotten into the office the next morning and went to retrieve her bottle of aspirin from her briefcase, there it had been. That green and red glowing monstrosity had actually made her hangover worse.
Stalker! The attack of the killer watch!
*cue Twilight Zone music*

She didn’t know how the thing had ended up there.
How about one of Lex's flunkies.

Probably, Lex had slipped it into her bag while distracting her with his creepy behavior. Although, she wouldn’t put it past him to send some flunky to the Daily Planet to leave it at her desk.
Or Lex. Lex makes more sense. Considering how badly the recording effort has gone to this point he'd probably try to personally make sure the device was in her possession.

Either way, she had needed to investigate a floater down at the docks, so she had grabbed her briefcase and headed for the wharf. MPD had ruled the man a Christmas suicide. Lois wasn’t so sure. There were much better and less painful ways to kill one’s self.
Sounds like you weren't that "in the mood" for the fruit fly assignment. ... Then again, you didn't sound like you were assigned that yet.

While at the docks, though, she made sure to drop the watch into the murky grey waters, just in case it turned into one of those demonic pieces of jewelry, one always heard about in horror stories, that ended up reappearing after being properly disposed of.
Wouldn't it have been hilarious if that had still been the case but from Lex? Considering his monetary talents and abilities it's completely possible he'd hire someone to search the docks just for it.

He took her elbow and pulled her into the hall. “I apologize, Lois. It’s only that the watch was irreplaceable, a one-of-a-kind item.”
Thank god. Then no one else would be subjected to such a garish item.

“Oh,” he replied with disappointment. He gazed into her eyes for several moments, longer than he had ever stared at her before. “Your eyes. I have never noticed your eyes before, how rich, how deep, like pools of light. A man could drown in those pools.”
Oh dear, didn't know he was exposed to that yet. I guess Miranda sprayed him in the morning.

“Perhaps it was that partner of yours, who took the watch,” Lex accused.
Oh my, a jealous Lex is a dangerous Lex.

Lex beamed at these words and, for a second, Lois considered retracting them. He had been much too interested in Clark, investigating his past and checking up on his current activities. No, it would be better, safer for Clark, if Lex Luthor dropped Clark as a person of interest or envy.
For all she knew, Luthor might BE the person Clark's hiding out from.

“I’m glad to hear it, Lois. That means you are free to have dinner with me this Friday night,” Lex said.
*Lex pens in his catch.*

“I’ll send a car to pick you up at eight, my dear,” Lex said, taking her elbow and leading her back into the function.
*and snares his prey quite neatly.*

Lois: Sometimes I hate Lex. What am I saying? Of course I hate Lex!

She had turned him down, yet he had expected the date to go on. It didn’t bode well that Lex didn’t take no for an answer.
I'd agree, kind of frightening.

“Out of curiosity, what documentation did Kent produce to prove his identity?” Lex had murmured.

She had ground her teeth together. That man was entirely too much. “His birth certificate,” she had said. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, Lex, I have a job to do.”
And of course that will mean Lex will be attempting to track that ghost of a certificate down.

[QUOTE She felt like a very lucky mouse escaping the jaws of that boa constrictor. The more she had fought, the tighter he had held. Just the memory of this meeting left her more than breathless.[/QUOTE]
That, of course could be rather enthralling in the right circumstances. It could also be alarming. I could just imagine her inner self going "Red Alert! Red Alert!! All hands prepare to engage defense mechanisms!!"

Misery didn’t even touch on how horrible Lois felt. She dropped her head onto the conference table.
Wait... wasn't she just at the press conference? Is there supposed to be a break there?

“That isn’t the point, Clark. You stood me up!” she hissed back, wishing she could stop herself from sounding so needy, so jealous, so…. Oh, hell! So in love with Clark Kent. She looked down at her notes, and refused to gaze on him for fear that he could read her thoughts.
And the beginnings of suspicion of where Clark goes approach.

She had discovered that since their mistletoe kiss, Clark was never far from her thoughts; so much so, her dreams had become increasingly more erotic over the last few weeks. She had never been so disappointed in herself. She had promised herself that she wouldn’t fall for Clark before she knew who he was, what his background and history were, and despite all of that, she had gone ahead and done it.
Sounds like when the pheromone kicks in things would be even MORE heated, not less. Clark hadn't kissed her purely because he wanted to before that in canon.

She only hoped that it wasn’t too late. Clark had promised her that he would wait for her to be ready. Nevertheless, other than that one kiss on Christmas Eve, Clark had been very reserved for the past month and half. Friendly, yes. Romantic, no. His romantic teasing, which had sent her juices tingling, seemed to happen only on those rare occasions when he spoke before thinking.
And while that's understandable I'm sure it's setting things back for the two of them. It's heating that tension to a blazing inferno on both sides. The pheromone is going to be that perfect spark, I'm sure.

“I didn’t do it intentionally, Lois. I was on my way to the press conference when I heard about a fire in the diamond district. My source on the MFD arson squad told me that Superman found the body of a highly esteemed jeweler,” Clark murmured.
Mazik jewelers?

“I promise you, Lois, the next time Superman does something exciting, he’s all yours,” Clark retorted, before catching Lois’s raised brow. “I mean… the story, yours. Your story.”
And once Clark and Lois are together I'm sure that will take on a new level of excitement to say that. (Please note I didn't say WHICH Clark and Lois.)

She tried not to make it obvious she was catching Clark’s ‘today’ scent. Unlike other men, who smelled like a gallon of cologne, or scented soap, Clark’s aroma was hard to pin down. Sometimes he smelled like fresh air, other times piney like a forest, every so often there was this dampness or earthiness to him, from time to time he had a smoky scent like danger or a fire, but he never stunk like cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, sweat, or grime.
Probably catching the faint scent of whatever he was trying to help.

Clark leaned so close Lois could feel his warm breath tickle her neck. “I don’t know, Lois, I like the name ‘Clarkie’.” He coughed. “For the bear, of course.”

“Of course,” Lois retorted, thrilled at even this little flirtatious conversation.

“Kent, if you’re done nibbling on Lane’s neck, how about you tell me how the dock strike’s going?” Perry said, causing Lois to bolt upright.
LOL. I love how Lois acted like she was caught necking with the quarterback by the school principal.

“‘Negotiations have broken down again’? Is that supposed to be code for something?” she asked.
Lois: Are you saying our relationship is at a standstill? Are you telling Perry that we aren't getting along??

Well what do you know? My quote buffer ran out!
On to the next ten.

“Oh, you remember, Chief,” Cat said, her eyes widening with excitement. “Today’s the day that they’re using our newsroom for the backdrop to introduce that new fragrance Exclusive!. Marketing set it up.”
You know, Marketing never made much sense to me. Now PR does... but then again, these days PR is sometimes considered a division of marketing.

He smiled at her, and set his hand on her shoulder. “I get to watch someone even more beautiful than they are, every day, Lois. Why would I be interested in looking at anyone else?”
Flirrrrrrrrrt!

It was entirely possible that, on reflection, Carlos might change his mind, especially once Clark introduced him to Lois.
*squinches up face* I don't know about that Clark. The decision to take up the cloth is a kind of serious endeavour and not taken up lightly. I don't know if even Lois would change that (unless there's something in Clark's soul past to suggest that which we were not privy to.)

Unfortunately, he had promised Lois at Christmas that he wouldn’t kiss her again without her direct say-so. Lois, on the other hand, seemed content to remain just friends for the foreseeable future.
I think you've been missing some obvious signs to me. It seems like Lois has been pulling the "reverse psychology" stuff on herself and it's bleeding out in my point of view.

“I’ve been thinking that I’d like us to try the new Italian restaurant that opened near your apartment,” Lois whispered, practically climbing onto his desk to lean closer to him. “Now.”

“Aunti Pasto’s?” Clark said skeptically, removing the pencil from behind his ear. “There are better Italian restaurants in Metropolis, Lois. All they serve is pasta, which isn’t what antipasto means in Italian, by the way.” Looking away from her, he said, “Anyway, you know what pasta does to me.” He fumbled with his notes and turned back to his computer screen.

“I know,” Lois murmured. “Pasta does the same thing for me, and I want to eat it. Now.”
I didn't get why she kept saying "now" at first. Then as this went along my eyebrows went even higher.

Suddenly the fog in Clark’s brain parted, and her words sunk in. “Now? As in now now?” he sputtered. He recalled their conversation in the conference room after returning from Smallville. She had said that she had wanted to remain friends ‘for now’, and he had rebutted, ‘how about now?’
Well it looks like "just friends" won't be that for too much longer.

She bit her bottom lip demurely and nodded. “I’m ready, Clark. Take me now.”
I could almost hear that seductive, breathy tone. Somehow I suspect it was even more seductive than canon Lois was because all of the priming that happened in the days prior.

“Five minutes, and you can have me for the rest of the day,” he promised.
And I'm certain Clark's thinking of ways to put the rest of the day to good use. In bed.
“Sold.” Her finger moved from his cheek to his lips. “But know this; I’m not going to settle for just the day, Clark.”

“No?” he squeaked.
Oh boy, Clark's mind's blown. Lights are on, no one's home. Or more like the light fuse just blew. And I know I'm mixing my metaphors but I'm sure this instance deserves it.

Lois glanced at the woman, looking her up and down. “Your perfume stinks.” There was nothing quite like his ‘to the point’ partner.
LOL, Love how even on the pheromone perfume she can still be blunt when she needs to be.

“Each time we kiss, you wake up regretting it and push me away. I can’t face any more rejection,” Clark reminded her.
Oh dear. And here, I can just imagine that happening.

His jaw dropped open in blissful surprise. She loved him? Loved loved, like he loved her? His heart soared with pleasure. Lois didn’t hesitate in taking advantage of Clark’s open mouth to deepen their kiss and pull him against her. He had to admit, she was doing a pretty thorough job of convincing him that her words were true.
Yum, yum, yum. Sounds like Clark's going to be enjoying himself very soon.

Just hope this won't come back to bite him hard.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)