It had been twenty-four hours since his conversation with Padre Carlos in Brazil, and Clark was still at a loss on what he should do. He glanced back down at his notes from his interviews from that morning. Both sides of the dock strike were closer than either would admit, but Clark knew his mind wasn’t really on his notes.
So Clark managed to be out of the office when Miranda actually sprayed people. Hmm, at least this Lois won't miss all the signs that CK=SM.

He remembered Herb telling him once of how Tempus bragged that heroes didn’t plan; they only act or react. In this, Tempus had been correct. Clark had spent so much of his energy focused on finding the Jaguar, he hadn’t taken a moment to think about how or what he would say to the man once he had found him.
I doubt there is anything he could have said to change Father Carlos' mind.

While Padre Carlos had told him, essentially, what Clark had wanted to hear, he knew the man, like him, had only been reacting. It was entirely possible that, on reflection, Carlos might change his mind, especially once Clark introduced him to Lois.
No, I don't think so. Father Carlos made his decision on his life long ago.

Clark knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to take Lois into his arms and kiss her like there was no tomorrow, thankful to have been given a second chance. Unfortunately, he had promised Lois at Christmas that he wouldn’t kiss her again without her direct say-so.
Why do I think that is not going to be a real problem over the next few days?

Lois, on the other hand, seemed content to remain just friends for the foreseeable future.
If you only knew Clark, if you only knew.

He wanted to return to his five-point plan. He wanted to continue to slowly reveal his past and his abilities to Lois until he felt comfortable enough in her feelings towards him that he could finally tell her the truth. Regrettably, he doubted that was what he should do.
He should be bold and tell her.

The right thing to do would be to wait to progress his relationship with Lois until Herb returned and Clark could discuss the whole confusing situation with him. If Clark could save the true Clark of this dimension, should he? Carlos seemed to think Clark shouldn’t. If Clark didn’t even try, would the guilt of it rub on him for the rest of his life? It was a decision that would take much thought and deliberation. On this one thing, he refused to rush to judgment.
I still think he should go with Father Carlos' request. However it is probably best to think it through.

“Claaaark?” she practically purred.
smile1 smile1 See, I said she would not be minding his kissing any time soon.

Clark swallowed. From this position, it was impossible not to look down her blouse. He leaned back, hoping the distance would allow him to keep his composure.
Wise move.

Lois had reapplied her lipstick
Lois: See, it was worth doing. He noticed.

and her mouth almost seemed to pucker in an invitation as she spoke. “Whatcha working on? Now.”
Lois: The subtle invitation is not working. He has not kissed me. I need to be more blatant.

John Pack Lambert