No, you just protest every deathfic to the point that authors are unwilling to write/post them.
There is that. But that seem to be how people who have trouble with open access smut, handle it as well.

-Yes, I saw it was in the erotic stories section and I don’t like that filth, but for some reason I couldn’t stop reading and the emotional distress it caused me is those writers fault.

To me that’s just baffling. Why can’t people just not read those stories that doesn’t appeal to them?

And from my experience the Gfic version of a fic is often less intense, some I’ve even misunderstood because things had been cut to harshly. There are some that have been better also, mainly those that the Nfic scenes served little purpose but titillation.

I’ve great difficulty believing that the Gfic version of Faustian is more rewarding then the original and would much rather see Sue writing something new. So I really hope that those authors that Giefiy their Nfic doesn’t do it simply to get the recognition their stories deserve.

I think people are still reading, they may just be too busy (as Rivka made us aware) to post fdk.
I think it because those with Nfic access are the hardcore readers, otherwise they wouldn’t have taking the trouble to get in, and they aren’t as hesitant in making noise either as those that are just browsing.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...