Just to peek my head in and contribute something - probably not useful - but anyway...

I understand *exactly* what Rivka is saying. There are just those people out there (on occasion me included - depending on my frame of mind) that just prefer not to read the nfic scenes. Who actually prefer that stuff to be left behind closed doors or left up to their imaginations (like the good old Cary Grant movies... mmm... yum!)

I was drawn in and enticed to write for the other side because people kept asking me to... but I much prefer to write a good A plot, good waffy scenes, and good angst... it's just how I work.

That's why, even when I've written (for the good or the bad... I'm certainly not as talented as others) something for the *nth* side - I still post a PG part over here for those readers who prefer to read about it over here.

And of course there are those who are limited by age (and again IMHO for good reason - I realize some people aren't affected by nfic as strongly as others... but I definitely feel that the age restriction is a good thing - and also, as it's been mentioned, it keeps that genre separate for those who DO NOT want to inadvertantly stumble into it).

Now, as far as fdk is concerned... well, if I've posted on the other side, I generally don't get fdk on the PG boards. But I don't think that means people aren't reading it. I think people are still reading, they may just be too busy (as Rivka made us aware) to post fdk. I've also noticed that a few people feel intimidated about starting a fdk thread if there isn't already one available - and in this case a lot of the "fdk thread starters" will have already left fdk on the other side.

Oh, and as a side little nit - Sue, you've finished PGifying Faustian... now you only have one little part left to do for Evasive Action - come on... I know you can do it. If you can do the momumental task of Faustian - I know you can finish one little part for poor little Evasive Action.

Come on... you can do it. wink It really wants to make it's way to the archive...

Okay. I'm done now.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.