I understand *exactly* what Rivka is saying. There are just those people out there (on occasion me included - depending on my frame of mind) that just prefer not to read the nfic scenes. Who actually prefer that stuff to be left behind closed doors or left up to their imaginations (like the good old Cary Grant movies... mmm... yum!)
There is that.

When I first heard of NFic (way back in my BtVS days), I thought it was awful--"people should have privacy for the sacred acts of making love/having sex! It's not something to write about and share with the world!" mad was my mantra.

But then, I read some really good NFic (and a lot of really terrible NFic too), and I was hooked. drool I do try to avoid it when I first get into a fandom though--read the GFic first, then if I'm enticed by the PG version of a great NFic, then I'll pop over and read the NFic.

I just refuse to write any myself, since I still believe that whole thing I just said--I don't want to perpetuate the "problem." :p

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place