I don’t want to ruffle any feathers but I’m really curious, most posters here seem to be mothers with children and not particularly prudish or conservative.
Why is access to the Nfic section password protected? Wouldn’t it simply be enough to label it as sexually explicit content?

For those of you that doesn’t know: the Nfic section contains vanilla sex between consenting adults virtually always tastefully done as a part of the love story.
I see more violence on Sunday mornings cartoon shows and get more risqué things in my Mailbox each morning, What exactly is that you think you are protecting minors from?
On the top of my head I can recall two stories I hesitate to let a child read.
Really, If I wanted to shape a child’s sexuality into a conventional mold I would encourage the reading of the LcNfic.
If you consider fanfic as such, haven’t smut always been a big part of the phenomena?(In fact before becoming interested I thought fanfic was synonymous with written sexual fantasies), but the entire Folc world seems too treat it unusually uptight to me.
It’s no big deal, but I think many ( especially females )are drawn to fanfic for the smut. If access was easier the Nfic authors would receive more well deserved attention, and more people would likely discover the archive, more people would be tempted to write, making it a win-win situation for everybody.

So please explain the thoughts behind this because I don’t understand it at all.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...