Originally posted by Darth Michael:
LOIS: Getting shot sucks and hurts like a bitch. The End.
CLARK: *sigh* /takes out pen and replacement pen and settles in for long haul/
PERRY: No, no. Lex getting shot story, Lois, not YOU.

LOIS: /rewrite/ The look of pain on his face was just exquisite. You could really see how each second the bullet remained in his body caused him such torture. The only thing better was when I got to pour acid into his wound. It really made my day worth living.
CLARK: Um... Lois, are you sure you want these emotions in print where the D.A. can see them? 'Cause the last time I checked, the DA's office, not your biggest fans.

EW: So, it isn't clear that the scene hasn't changed?
ER: [blushes] I did get lost in the chapter break…
Sorry, usually I'll add triple stars (or titles) if there's a scene break between Part numbers. In the Archive version the chapter breaks will only be at where the titled chapters are (not at the Part breaks), which unlike Missing Lois, are placed randomly through-out this story whenever/wherever needed (i.e. I please). laugh

ER: Lex’s Ark (Lark?) given the world is now ending for real/

EW: Actually, it's the L.U.C. /Luthor's Underground Community/
ER: Yes, but Lark’s so much more fun.
So, you're saying that being a "Lucky" (Luthor's Underground Community Kid) isn't fun?

LOIS: I'm guilty too of robbery, Baron Tempos, you must also exile me.
BARON TEMPOS: Men get sent to prison islands. Women to prison brothels.
LOISETTE: hyper I'll still be able to be with Sir Charles!

CLARK: uh-huh, Krypton is another name for Mars. That feels really gooooooooood.

ER: Clark’s such a pathological liar, he even manages to twist the saying about men’s origin to fit his growing need?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: I believe I've just been insulted.

SUPERMAN: Do you know how hard it is to get other people's blood out from under your nails? /scoffs/ I'd totally use a knife. Not that I'd actually kill anyone. /points to his blue suit/ Good guy, remember.
ER: Or sleep with women and then deny any knowledge of it.
SUPERMAN: Only if, indeed, I had no knowledge of it.

CLARK: Wouldn't I just shoot Lex with an uzi from the top of a neighboring building, instead?
ER: Hmm…he sounds like he puts a lot of thought into killing other people for a good guy.
SUPERMAN: Sorry, I've just been reading Michael's FDK.

Wikipedia is a fun source for the Latin names of various animals.
That's my usual source for understanding your vague references. laugh

CLARK: Don't you know I always keep Lois on simmer? That way I'll know she'll be hot when I'm ready.
LOIS: <has turned into a dried-out maid>
CLARK: Ooops. It looks like I simmered her too long.
ER: Should have left her some cats to play with?
CAT: Excuse me? No thanks!

Hence, the joke about just how eager Lois is.
She's guessing that Clark, being from Krypton, hasn't learned about the finer aspects of that distant city?
CLARK: They have brothels too!... I mean, I didn't know they had 24 hour chapels, Lois, I've never been there.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.