I guess I am hyper about this part, but I was actually hoping we would learn more in this part than we did. I was really, really hoping Lois and Clark would get to actually really talk. silly me, thinking that could happen.

As they reached the stairwell, Perry stopped to face Clark. “Kent, I want you to stay up here and keep an eye on the bomb squad. See what you can find out from them about our heist crew in there.”
I guess this makes sense since SM may be needed to help in the investigation.

“Yes, sir,” Clark replied, giving Lois an apologetic glance. He thought that maybe, finally, they would have time to get together somewhere alone and talk. He should have known better.
frown at them not talking.

“But, Chief,” Lois started.
Shouldn't Lois trying to help Clark keep his cover.

Lois:Not till he actually tells me CK=SM.

I’ll send the Olsen twins over to give you their perspective.
Jimmy:It is not funny to call us that.

I actually bothered to look up to make sure that "the Olsen Twins" were known in 1994, and lo and behold they were.

I’m going to have Jimmy find out all he can on Pino Dragonetti, William Robertson, and the history of the Daily Planet building for a sidebar.”
shock he is letting Jimmy write an article. This reminds me that the only consistent way to understand all L&C episodes is that there are two Jimmies. Two Jimmies works with what Jimmy tells Penny about how long he was at the DP, but even more it works with him getting his first article in "Brutal Youth" but we clearly saw him write articles in Season 1, and also it works with Jimmy's first photo spread having been with Clark's senior citizen's story and Perry's "Even Secretariate didn't win the purse his first time out" line.

Lois started to nod, before her assignment sunk in. “Wait a minute. All that touchy feely crap is more Kent’s forte,
So she knows that Clark is good at touching and feeling.

Lois:No comment.

than mine. He should be writing it up, not me. Isn’t that why you hired him?” She flung her hand towards her partner.
Perry:We need Superman to be here to prevent any more bombs.

“Gee. Thanks. Lois.”
Clark just don't speak.

“No, Lois, I hired your partner because nobody is better at pushing your buttons than he is,” Perry replied.
Clark:Why didn't I just do my taxes at home.

Lois:Because then you wouldn't have gotten me sitting in your lap.

Clark:OK, I guess I am glad I was close to you.

“I should be staying here with the bomb squad,” she said, tossing the Chief’s comment aside. “And investigating who these guys were, if they have any connections to organized crime,
Clark:Obviously they are not in Mr. Luthor's employ, so maybe we should go see if they have connections to Cost Mart.

and where they could have possibly gotten a nuclear bomb.
Intergang.

I’m your star reporter.”
Eduardo:I do the astronomy section. Thus, I am the star reporter.

John Pack Lambert