“You’re too close to it. You need a few minutes to decompress, darlin’.
Lois:Minutes to decompress is what causes stories to go cold.

On the other hand, shouldn't she make sure that the story she was going to run from her weak source does not run?

Plus, that’s the great thing about partners. When he’s working on something, it’s like you are, too.”
Lois:So it was like I was on the date with Linda as well.

“If the MPD hasn’t broken the window of my office, I’m sure it says that Perry White is still Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet, and not Lois Lane, but if I’m mistaken about that, please don’t continue to keep me in the dark,”
Perry said, informing Lois that indeed her boss’s patience had reached his limit.
I think that should be "reached its limit", since it is "her boss's patience" that reached a limit.

“Yes, sir,” Clark said, erring on the side of caution.
Lois:Goody two-shoes.

“Then check area hospitals and find out about Luthor’s condition. He should be out of surgery, pre-op, or whatever by then.
Clark:I am so glad this is a secondary assignment. The longer Lois stays away from that creep the better.

appeared ready to strangle the nearest person, which – as luck would have it – was Clark.
Good think he can't be strangled.

“After that,” Perry went on. “I want you two delving deep into these guys’ background, if they have any connections to organized crime,
smile1 touching.

“Mind if I don’t hold my breath?” she mumbled.
frown that he didn't tell her. He could have told her, Perry was not that close. He could have snuck out with her and had a long conversation. The bomb was gone and the bad guys were all caught.

“Hey, don’t blame me if…”
Why shouldn't she blame him. Perry was not that close. He could have told her.

“Don’t blame you?” Lois scoffed. “Right. Of course, it’s my fault and only my fault that we haven’t had a chance to speak over the last two weeks.”
Well, she was the one who actually went through with breaking up. And the one who accepted The Watch (TM) that has been such a block to their moving forward.

“That’s not was I was going to say,” he said.
hyper at least he did not try to blame her.

Lois crossed her arms and waited.
Tell her now Clark. Oh wait, is Perry still there, or did he leave?

Clark didn’t want to argue. His earlier defense of his assignment died on his lips. “We’re equally to blame, Lois,” he said quietly.
How can Lois be to blame when she does not know? OK, she does know, so probably Clark is mainly right, she could fix things, but still, he is the one who wimped out of telling her so many times in the past.

“That’s your prerogative, Minha,
hyper touching, on the other hand frown she didn't kiss him on the lips.

He could have sworn that when she glanced back at him as she rounded the corner that she bounced her eyebrows.
sloppy more flirting.

John Pack Lambert