So, why do you think that Superman killed that man?”
Amazing, she is giving Henderson credit for thinking.

“I don’t,” he replied.
Lois:I knew it.

“I never did. Superman would have captured him as those others were upstairs.”
Lois:By knocking them unconscious? I don't think so.

Her brow furrowed as Clark’s words returned to the forefront of her mind.
smile1 he is thinking of him as Clark.

“Superman said he didn’t capture those men.
Wait, did she talk to Superman yet? Oh right, he warmed her chest.

Do you have any leads on who might have?”
Henderson:The Batman, but I don't really believe he exists.

Henderson took her elbow and led her to the side of the garage, away from the crime scene.
And away from the cops in the pay of The Boss TM.

He must have noticed her inching closer to it as they had spoken.
Oh, he does not want missing evidence.

“You’ve talked to Superman?”
Lois:How do you think I get all my SM exclusives.

Henderson:I mean, recently.

“Yes, when he removed the bomb from my chest,” Lois replied.
Samantha (in background on phone): Mr. Goode, I just heard Lois confirm that Superman touched her chest. We need to run that story.

“He said he didn’t capture any of the terrorists and that he was talking to you and Detective Tuzzolino when he heard… something.”
Henderson:The plea of his lover for rescue no doubt.

Her calling for help, but Henderson didn’t need that detail.
Because he already knows it.

“He won’t be, Ms. Lane,
Lois:Maybe not by the MPD. But I don't trust Ms. Drake to miss that chance to attack. And I trust LNN not to play this accusation to its full potential even less.

but I don’t want the real vigilante to know that we’re on to him.”
Lois:Murdering a man whose sole crime is sitting in a car seems a bit beyond most vigilantes. These "terrorists" and "vigilantes" hardly fit the bill.

“So, it’s possible it was a woman,
Henderson:Not likely with the upper body strength he needed to take down those 3 criminals in advertising.

Henderson stared at her a moment before the edges of his lips curled into a smile. “Oh. So, there might be a super powered woman with a bad attitude from Krypton hiding out in Metropolis, too?”
Lois:Yeah, Clark's horrible ex-fianee, La-, or something like that. I once caught him almost saying her name.

His words slapped across her face like a frozen fish. “There better not be,” she grumbled.
Lois:Although it might be good to finally tell her what I thought of how she treated poor Clark.

“And Superman isn’t ‘hiding out in Metropolis’. Nobody is more visible than that guy.”
Henderson:Which is why we did not see him for an hour after you, Clark and the others were captured.

“What does it matter to you, Ms. Lane? You’re dating Lex Luthor, are you not?” he asked innocently.
That is a low blow.

“I’m not dating anybody,” she sniped.
Lois:Just making out with the man of steel whenever I catch him alone.

Henderson’s smile burst into a full-blown grin. “All right you aren’t, which is why you and Lex Luthor arrived together this evening?”
Lois:How do you know that? The only person you saw me together with was Clark. Anyway, if I was dating Luthor, do you think I would still be here when he was on the way to the hospital?

“We’re friends,” she hissed.
Henderson:So are me and Elizabeth (I had to come up with some name for his wife).

“We were going to attend the opera together as friends.”
Henderson:And I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Friends don't wear that type of dress when they go out.

“My life isn’t under investigation here, Henderson!”
Henderson:Of course it is. Your presence drew out terrorists, we need to know why.

Lois couldn’t tell if he was teasing her or if he really believed that she had an intimate relationship with that creepy billionaire.
Why else was he supposed to think from the picture with Cat's article.

She shivered in disgust at that very thought. /Quote]

Good thing she did not go in the ambulance. Especially since without The Watch, Superman might have a tough time finding her.

[Quote]Of course, Henderson didn’t know what she knew about Lex being the Voyeur. How could he? A little voice inside her head said. She hadn’t told him.
So now it is her fault Luthor is not in jail.

She hadn’t told anyone… well, except Cat. Speaking of which… “Where’s Cat Grant?”
Henderson:Elizabeth would have my hide if I had any idea.

“A little bird told me,” Lois said.
Henderson:One that has red and blue markings, right.

“Oh, Kent. You’re lucky that your partner can read lips and was able to communicate with us through the window of the stairwell door;
Lois:Oh know, another person is on to his "reading lips".

otherwise, we wouldn’t have known about the bomb and sent in the S.W.A.T. team to rescue you.
I half want to say it should be "and would have sent". The phrasing there suggests that they did send the SWAT team to rescue, since otherwise without talking to Kent they wouldn't have done so.

We could’ve had a completely different ending to this stand-off.”
Lois:Yes, one where Clark had to admit to me that he is SM, hmm, maybe I could be in Hawaii now with him enjoying his other talents even now.

“Yes, I’m very lucky,” she said wryly. The jerk could’ve told her.
Well, he did try to. He didn't want to give Luthor any ideas about his abilities.

OK, actually, I don't see why he didn't explain what he was doing to Lois.

They were strapped together after all.
I still don't get how he did that without her noticing if they were facing the same way.

He could’ve whispered it in her ear.
Clark:But it was so much more fun to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

Lois doubted that was the true reason he was there. It would be a pleasant day in hell if she ever got a straight answer out of both Henderson and Clark within twenty-four hours.
To be fair, Clark was going to give her a straight answer, before Perry interrupted.

John Pack Lambert