-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
sad that she still insists on keeping this secret from Clark. Hmm, what will happen if Perry refuses to not tell Clark?
This isn't the way she wants Clark to find out about her investigation.

But what about accidentally eavesdropping?
CLARK: [Linked Image] That actually happens more than I care to admit.

Next date.

Clark:I hope you like this spaghetti I made for you Lois.

Lois:How does your superhearing work?

Clark: jawdrop

Lois:Come on, you didn't expect the glasses to actually work as a disguise, when I have seen you without a shirt, now did you?
laugh I'm surprised either of them would have been talking if Clark was making pasta.

Lois:So we know he does not proactively try to super-hear. In fact, it is more likely that not Super-hearing would cause temperature changes. Although come to think of it, that was probably all an evil plot by Lex Luthor.
I doubt super-hearing would raise the temperature any, either.
CLARK: It's raised mine once or twice.

Lois:Especially when he took me in his arms. Oh wait, no that was the end of February in his hospital bed. Wrong memory.
She meant "heated words" or "heated tempers".

But there are so much more fun things than conversing to do with Clark.
CLARK: See! Not all my fault. I can't help it if I'm irresistible.
LOIS: laugh

about everything under the sun, and a few things past it.
JOHN: /guessing/ Like the remains of Nightfall?
Actually, here, she's referring to Krypton.

I think that should be "front of the van", although it does still seem odd to use van and ambulance interchangeably.
Does it? The Speedy Ambulances looked more like a van to me. Fixed. Thanks.

Gag at the thought of her spending more time with the creep.
I never quite understood why she rode to the hospital with Lex in canon.

She should have insisted that she needed a little first aid for her hurt wrists, and gotten Clark to take her to his apartment.
CLARK: I'm busy following the bomb squad.
LOIS: Then I should have had Superman take me to your apartment.
CLARK: Er... um... uh... yes, that might have worked.

Lois:Clark, you have such a nice bed.
CLARK: You've spent the night before, Lois. Good night! /grabs pillow and blanket and heads for the couch/
LOIS: laugh But I think Lois's final response should be:
LOIS: Oh, right, Superman. Let's bring him out too.

Plus his couch is so much more comfortable.

Lois:Who said anything about a couch. I was more thinking bed.
Now, now. Conversations always start on the couch.

Lois:I don't even have one. Because I want my hands to touch something much better. Plus, I didn't want them to get burned. Is Clark hoping to tell me his secret through hints. evil I am going to make him speak it vocally.
Lois has already set down her mug.

Negative Reader:This is just Lois's vision, not reality.

Positive Reader:We can still get excited about it.
LOIS: /ssshhhh/ I'm trying to have a fantasy here!

[John bangs his head] why is he always a lunkhead? I hope he would let her get the glasses off.

Clark:Hey, the last time she removed my glasses, she didn't make the CK=SM connection, I doubt she will this time. (Or did I make up her taking off his glasses in the Hospital?)

Lois:Well, I took off a lot of other things.
He was wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes from the light. She left them on.

she wants to put off the moment of truth as much as Clark.
LOIS: Some things are more important.

See, I said she no longer had mundane fantasies.
It's not his bare chest.

Wait, how does she know his chest is muscular.

Lois:I saw him without a shirt, remember.
She's felt his chest before.
CLARK: She has? When?
LOIS: We've made out before.
CLARK: Oh, right. My, bad.
LOIS: And I pushed up the hospital gown, remember.
CLARK: shock What?

So much for her not having mundane fantasies.
She knows her man.

That was not what he did in the hospital.
LOIS: /too sweetly/ Henderson, can I borrow that red and green watch you found with Clark in Hobs Bay. There's something I want to investigate.
CLARK: What?
LOIS: How to give you amnesia again.

The unmarried are not fully adults. [hides] That is my best theory on the terminology though.
Traditionally, that makes a lot of sense.

Lovers?
LOIS: Mom. Dad. I'd like you to meet my... lover!
CLARK: Say, what?!
No, I don't think so.

Well, I have known people who seemed to use "fiance" to describe relationships where the man did not seem at all committed to actually marry.
DR. FRISKIN: I have lots of patients who came to me because of this same problem.

On the last subject, I have also known some people who would just describe the other person in the relationship as "friend" until they married. "Significant Other" might work, except at times it is used as a synonym for spouse. She could always try to revive "lady friend" or "gentleman caller", but those have baggage of actual use, while "manfriend" and "womanfriend" just have the problem that as not-sued terms, is it clear they mean what we intent. We could always use "romantic male friend", because "Male friend" without the romatic almost seems like an attempt to say "he is not my boyfriend", but that is so long. Plus "Romatic woman friend" is even longer.
LOIS: Mom. Dad. This is Clark. He's my RMF. /short for romantic male friend/ laugh
ELLEN: Dear, does this mean you also have RFF?
LOIS: Darn. I was sure RMF would be the one. Back to the drawing board.

There might be multiple issues with Clark almost calling Lois "Ultragirl", and I am very glad he got "Ultrawomen" said instead. However, I think something like "Radwoman" would have been better (OK, maybe not rad, but my point is about syllables). The problem with "Superwomen" vs. "Superman", is "Superwoman" is longer by a whole syllable. "Superlady" does not help any. So you get "Supergirl", "Superlass", "Superchick" or "Superdame". Hmm, maybe she should have been "Ultradame". However, I think the term "dame" has too much baggage to work. "Ultragal" does not seem to be as bad as "Ultragirl", but still not as respect commanding as "Ultrawoman".
I agree Ultrawoman is a mouthful... 4 syllables. So, we need a one syllable word for Super to go with Woman which hasn't been used before.
WONDER WOMAN: My name has 4 syllables.
LOIS: What is SHE doing in our story?
WONDER WOMAN: I heard you calling for a female super hero.
LOIS: You're not a 4-syllable female super hero, your a 4 letter word... no, wait, 'whore' has five letters.... and so does...
WONDER WOMAN: Female Dog? Isn't that you?
LOIS: splat Get HER out of here!
EW: Anyway, back to the point: one syllable words for Super: Good, Great, Cool, Grand, Fine, Brave, Nice... hmmmm, Ultra isn't looking too bad, now, is it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.