-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --

Lois:What! Disastorous, no. Wonderful, beyond my wildest dreams.
CAT: Oh, dear. Maybe he IS really bad.

Clark is going to realize the curse is a lie.
The curse isn't a lie. It exists.

Why not. This is the guy who brought Tempus to the past. He obviously does not do the research.
I've always been of the belief that Wells is very fallible.

He introduced you to Lois with the intention of taking you back to a Loisless world in three months. He has deliberately fought you trying to asave your own Lois. Why do you think Herb is your friend Clark?
HERB: I have his best interests at heart.

With friends like Heb, who needs enemies?
LEX: Because he started it?

Clark, stop shooting yourself in the foot.
CLARK: But it's fun to see the bullets fly every which way.

Another really bad plan. Herb is a cosmic manipulator, stop trusting him at all.
Oh, dear, I've made John hate Herb. That wasn't my intention. Pity him, perhaps, hate no.

Well, this might work. If she was willing to tell him the truth.
[Linked Image]

More fun if he could get Lois to reenact the situation.
smile1

So Clark is wimping out of writing the article.
Of course not! But he hasn't come up with all his excuses just yet.

PERRY: I'm not buying it.

He is going to find her and wimp out of or forget about his stupid, horrible plan. OK, I don't really expect it to go that way, but I can hope, can't I?
There's always room for hope.

Maybe seeing how emotionally cut up she is right now will convince Clark not to go through with the breakup yet.
Possibly.

Clark, she chose to stand by you. Let her do it. She does not mind the risk, and she will be safer with you protecting her, than not.
LOIS: Don't listen to him! I don't want your protection. I'll get more accomplished without it!

I hope he at least stops by her apartment. Breaking up over the phone, even "for her own good" is just tacky. OK, his whole plan is tacky.
I doubt Clark is a phone break-up type of guy. He's a in-person type of guy.

That he could not have done it without Lois, or that he could not have done it without Cat?
She expects that he'll tell Lois the former, Cat's hoping he'll tell Lois the latter.

This is just wrong. Only Lois is allowed to call him Chuck.
He corrects her.

Maybe Clark will see that Cat is jumping to conclusions.
Maybe.

Or is it just too complicated to give a striaght answer?
Well, he didn't leave on his birthday, but a week or two later. Then he went back in time three years but three months later in the year. So, it is a bit complicated. Plus, here he's supposed to have been more in 1966. So, he knows he's one age, but he's pretending he's another... plus he has a lot on his mind.

<<sad, crying, frustrated Reader>> Clark, this is a horrible, terrible, unnecessary plan. Don't do it. You have broken her heart too many times as it is. You can protect her better with her by your side.
LOIS: Will you please be quiet!

Psst. This is my 5001 post. thud

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.