Would his strength fail him at the last moment, hurtling the asteroid into him and squishing him like a bug?
/flashes back to MiB opening when the dragonfly gets squished by the truck’s windshield/

What was he doing here then?
Trolling for Lois.

and headed straight for the brightest set of lights. That must be Metropolis.

It turned out to be New York.
Batman: Noob.

Her hair, the shade of rich chocolate, moved slightly in the breeze as she munched on a strand.
LOIS: What? It’s not my fault Lucy got me chocolate scented conditioner for V-Day.

“How’s your ankle?” he asked, breaking the ice.
That scene would be awkward if Lois had just fallen while skating on a frozen pond and twisted her ankle.

“What?” Clark sputtered. Did Lois just address him as ‘Superman’?
That would be even more fun if she *didn’t* know by now.

Were you planning on giving this exclusive to another reporter?” she asked, speaking to him more sharply than he could ever recall.
As in: Her soon-to-be-dead hick partner?

Clark could tell Lois was angry. He wasn’t sure if she was mad at him specifically, or at herself, or possibly at the situation in general.
She’s run out of DFCBs and hasn’t been able to restock. The newsroom is at Defcon-Two by now, having sent Jimmy out on an emergency mission in the faint hope of staving off the big one.

The fact that she couldn’t reveal him for who he really was, hiding his other identity from the rest of the world, must have been eating her alive.
LOIS: Who cares about that? The creep made me cheat on him with himself and now he’s standing there, all doofus and adorable and begging for a treat. razz

Lois looked at him with tortured eyes. “I love you too, Superman, but I’m in love with Clark.”
eek Right, she doesn’t know he thinks she knows. Which actually makes her quite the manipulative Arianna.

Why was she addressing him, Clark Kent, as Superman? She knew he was Superman, didn’t she?
That would be fun, wouldn’t it?

Lois placed her fingers over his lips. “When I kissed you earlier, I cheated on the most wonderful man I’ve ever met, and I’ll never forgive myself for that. Never.”
Did she just make things worse for herself? Or for Clark?

They were both breathless, her from the kiss, he guessed, and him from breaking his most sacred Superman rule: never kiss Lois while he wore the super suit.
I thought that was ‘never think Clark-is-not-Superman’ while kissing her?

I’m afraid he showed up and saw us, when we kissed before and...” Lois said, falling into a now once-again familiar ramble.
Now she’s off the deep end. Or a really good actor.
LEX: hyper What if the second Nightfall was what was supposed to kill Lois?

“I heard a rumor that even Lisa Marie Presley accepted a marriage proposal from Michael Jackson. I mean, how desperate does a woman have to be for that to happen?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.