Which persona was? Even he didn’t know at this point.
He really is missing his memory.

He felt more like Clark than Superman,
smile1 he knows the truth.

but that was only because he had been introduced to his Clark persona before his Superman persona.
Maybe, maybe not.

He knew he had seen recognition in her eyes when he had set her down on the Daily Planet’s roof before he had flown to take care of that situation at his apartment.
So he knows Lois understood, although she might be able to convince him he was confused.

On the other hand, maybe her expression had meant something else.
She is going to convince him she does not know.

He still wasn’t up on everything Lois. He gazed at her in confusion.
Trust your first impressions Clark.

“I shouldn’t have kissed you earlier, Superman,” Lois clarified.
Clark:Lois, you kissing me is always OK.

He could tell now that her voice sounded hoarse as if she had been crying. “That was wrong of me.”
This is going to make Clark feel even worse over the whole thing.

“Oh, Lois, no. Never think that,” he corrected, pulling her into his embrace. If she didn’t know the truth, he would explain the misnomer now. “I love you…”
He keeps missing telling her the most important detail.

“And I love you, Superman,” she said, her voice wavering as she interrupted him. “But I’m in love with Clark. Please know that this has been the hardest decision of my life.”
Why does she go for such crazy plots?

“But, Lois, I’m…”
I hope she at least realizes he is trying to tell her the truth, and counts it in his favor that he is trying to tell her.

Lois placed her fingers over his lips. “When I kissed you earlier, I cheated on the most wonderful man I’ve ever met, and I’ll never forgive myself for that. Never.”
I guess it is good that she felt it was cheating from the perspective of convincing Clark she does not know the secret. I still think her whole plan is crazy.

Oh, no! What had he done? No wonder she had been crying. “Lois, please don’t think that,” he pleaded.
I wish he had said "but I am Clark" here.

“I will treasure that kiss, our one and only kiss for the rest of my life,” she said, caressing his cheek. “But Clark is my life now. That's the way it has to be. There can’t be an 'us'.”
You know if I didn't know that Lois knew I would be overjoyed for Clark. Since I know she knows and is enacting a crazy plan, I just can't build as much happiness.

Clark could see the anguish in her eyes. She truly loved both sides of him, which made him love her twice as much as he already did,
smile1 Clark loves her more.

He pressed his lips to hers, unable to keep himself from showing her how much he cared, and trying to let her see that he was really Clark.
If she had not figured it out before this might have worked.

Lois melted into him, tightening her arms around his neck and joining the kiss with as much fervent desire as he had ever felt for her.
smile1 more kissing.

Thoughts of all the times they had kissed flooded his mind.
I guess kiss reviving memories works a lot better in this story than it would in canon.

Their first kiss on Trask’s plane.
His memories are coming back strong if he realizes that was their first kiss, since he had kissed a Lois before that.

The soft tender kiss goodbye he gave her when she said she couldn’t be with a man who didn’t eat sweets.
That was one of the saddest moments yet in the story.

The kiss they shared on her bed after Lex shot her.
See, Cat should have left them alone last night. He would have gotten his memories back faster.

The kisses down his neck while she sat in his lap after Superman had dumped her.
I am not sure "sat" is the right verb there. She seemed to be doing a lot more than just sitting.

The kisses from the Metro Club’s supply closet.
Lois:I hope he rmembers more than just kissing. Oh wait, I am trying to not be too connected with him right now.

The kiss on her birthday.
I had forgotten they kissed on her birthday.

The kiss after the Kerth Award banquet.
Before being interrupted by Jimmy being at her place.

The kisses from when they read the newspaper together the next morning after the Kerth Awards.
That was my favorite part of the story.

The stolen kiss from under the mistletoe hanging in her window.
It would seem a lot of kisses. Except it has alos been a long story.

The kisses and other things
Maybe this phrase should have been there with the supply closet.

they had shared while she was drunk on Revenge.
smile1 He did not totally give up on telling her.

He shifted to bolt into super speed mode to go after her, only to be interrupted by a call for help. “Not now,” he grumbled, before snapping to attention to get the bearings of where the victim was located.
Another plot specific call for help. grumble always stopping Clark from telling the secret.

John Pack Lambert