Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] In my Canadian expertise, I can tell you that everywhere in Canada has a 19+ drinking age, with the only exception being Quebec. Quebec is 18.

Smoking is also 19 here to purchase, however, you can legally smoke at 18, but it's illegal to sell/give to anyone under 19. Figure THAT one out!
But as you pointed out when I emailed you about this earlier, how would a Farm Boy from Kansas, who doesn't drink, know the drinking age in Canada? [/b]
Exactly. Truly, unless you're nearby, nobody really knows this Quebec loophole. [/b]
I knew Canada had a lower drinking age, despite being a Mormon who does not drink, but I also grew up North of Canada, that is in Michigan about 15 miles from the border, so I had friends and associates who would regularly cross the border to take advantage of the lower drinking age.

I doubt many people who live more than an hours drive from the border would know about the different drinking age issue.

However now that I see Clark just did not care if he got caught, it makes even more sense that he would not bother to go to Canada, even if he had somehow picked up the lower drinking age there.

John Pack Lambert