Continued...

I can see canon-Clark having the conversation up to the "No, but..." part, and coming up with a convincing and workable reason to bakc out of this.
Hmmmm. So, why didn't alt-Clark?

Considering they arn't even really dating, they are going awfully fast.
That's not what she meant.

See, I still stand be my view that Clark was stupid to wait until Thanksgiving to try and find Rachel.
He was at school. She was at school. They both had busy schedules. It wasn't until he had been back at school a while that he realized how good he had it with Rachel. They grew up at a time and community where if something happens, you got married. Neither of them really thinks anything is going to happen, because they are naive teenagers after all, so it's more of a joke about "being his wife".

She likes him a whole lot more than she is admitting. Maybe I should go ahead and write the Rachel H. Kent, Sherrif of Smallville story.
Sounds interesting. Give it a shot. I wonder how you'd bring Lois into it though.

Texas? Why not just Wichita, Topkea or Kansas City? Certainly in KC he would not see anyone who recognizes him.
He likes to fly.

Clark:She forgot me kissing her. This is bad.
They didn't make out. It was more of a 'thank you for a nice evening' kiss.

This is even more of a chear reveal than the one to Lois that he is from another dimension. Wrong Clark seems to really like cheat reveals.
The cheat reveal about the other dimension was because Lois wanted to hear his darkest secret, and he decided to actually tell her.

In the context is she going to believe it is his first time?
Why would Clark lie?

Wouldn't this cause her fingernails to break?
Possibly, but it isn't as though his skin has no give to it. She's not doing any damage to him though.

Well, I have to say that I find his actions at least as stupid as he does. I do find it encoraging that he sees that they were stupid. I guess with the pain and rejection of 10+ foster families and no one liking him, I can sort of see why he did such a stupid thing, but still.
clap

Actually this sounds basically all truthful. Well, except her main anger is that he just does not tell her much of anything.
Clark is trying to be more truthful.

Thomas wants a chance with Lois? OK, I think on first reading it I figured he meant Rachel, but still it really does sound like he means Lois.
No, Thomas really means Rachel. He feels guilty for her death, in a similar way that Clark does.

Destined, schmestined. More reason to write my Rachel H. Kent story.
Write away!

Now he is planning on abandoning another Lois.
Nope.

Or maybe not. I guess Clark will be here for a while. 200+ part story here we come.
Oh, please, let's hope it doesn't make it to 200+ parts.

The problem is Clark thinks he can get Lois to love him. He can onlybe the man she can love, he can not change her feelings for him at all.

On the other hand, to be that man he has to tell the truth. I really think he needs to take the leap of truth now. Lois may not believe he can survive the crash at the end of the lead, but he is Clark Kent. Clark Kent survives all.
Crash at the end of the lead? huh Yes, Clark hasn't become the man he needs to be to earn Lois's happily ever after love.

PR:Lois gets captures by the bad guys all the time, and no one thinks her a fool.
Lois sometimes thinks herself a fool.

NR:See I said Traks was here.
PR:At least he does not shot first, ask questions later.
Where's the fun in that? Anyway, he doesn't know that CK=SM, or that SM is currently vulnerable.

Shows that Trask was not behind the survailance of Lois' apartment. Otherwise he would be more conflicted over whether Lois and Clark have a relationship. Maybe not convinced, but more conflicted.
Clark never fully believed it was B39. That was all Lois in her denial over Luthor.

Sounds like he has a macho complex issue. He is not ready for a workable relationship with Lois until he fully accepts her as an equal, and not just someone to save.
As I said, he has some issues to work through. Anyway, that was HIS role with his relationship with Lana. It's a role he understands: rescurer and protector.

On the whole I think this is a very unfair assement.
Nah, it's more about Clark's self-pity than his actual belief of Lois's motives.

Well, it is not like things can go down hill from this feeling. No matter what Lois does, it can not make him have less hope.
Lois could let B39 have him.

Have we now reached the point where we don't know. Hmm, if I understood the opening 45 minute statement, I would guess yes.
Actually, the 45 minutes ended a while back, several hours in fact. Several hours have passed between when he got captured at this point.

Well, yes, but probably none who had ever seen him and Lois in the same area.
laugh

This is a really good question. Considering the circumstances, how did Trask even come up with such a crazy idea.
I have no idea, which is why I have Clark retort with this answer, I'm surprised canon Clark didn't come up with.

Yes, but it does not sound like it is honest.
TRASK: Nothing this man tells me sounds honest.

LOIS: I know that feeling.

He hates lieing. I guess he is also horrible at it.
Pretty much. And he never thought the two aspects of his life would meet up.

Yes, but in the long run she will be less angry, at least if he can ever get her to see the truth, which is a big if. It will feel less of a deception if what he was saying about where he grew up was 100% true. At least I think so. OK, it could be argued that when he said Smallville, and Kansas State and such it would be assumed he meant this earth Smallville, and this earth Kansas State, but it will seem less a lie than if he had spun an elaborate story of being raised in Chicago.

Trask seems to know a lot more about Clark than does Luthor.
Trask learned things while at the Daily Planet.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.