The fact that he couldn’t recall that time clearly was a sign that his eidetic memories were another one of his super abilities.
Either that or he was still high on Lois.

Was this the pathetic man he would have been if he'd been born without powers?
[Linked Image]

or a four-hundred pound whale.
Well, Lois likes to be on top of things, so…

What he was experiencing currently was the loss of Lois’s trust, of her affection, of her – dare he say it? – love. That was more agony than anything that other Lois had done to him.
Plus, it’s all his own doing.

She had told him from moment one that she had been engaged to that other Clark, and that was where her heart lay.
I’m guessing, as long as her body lies in his bed, that’s all fair and good.

He had pushed her away with his lies, his secrets, and now he had no idea how to undo this mess without coming clean, all the way clean.
[Linked Image]

Anyway, if he couldn’t convince her to love him without powers, then he didn’t deserve her love. He needed to work harder as Clark to earn her love, that was, if he hadn’t already lost her completely.
FRISKIN: And how long did you have these self-sabotaging urges?

“She probably went to your farm,” Clark told him.
drool
JIMMY: Wish I knew.
LOIS: ICK.
LANA: It pays the bills.
CLARK: What what feels like? confused

“I’m just nervous. Are college guys going to expect me to do more… things?” she murmured.
You mean, like special equipment, candles, multiple person arrangements?

“Of course not, Rach. They aren’t any different from high school guys, just bigger and drunker,” he teased.
Not helping.

“When you find the right guy, and you’re ready, it’ll be like magic. I promise.”
She goes out one night and wakes up the next morning, naked and with a headache?

“But what if my first time isn’t with the right guy, Clark? What if I think he’s the right guy, and he turns out to be a jerk, who dumps me afterward?
Well, then she’ll just have to try, and try again. It did work for Lana, didn’t it?

“What if you got…” He sat up on his elbows, and looked at her. “— you know?
With child?

It would change your whole life, both of your lives. It isn’t a decision you…anyone should rush into.”

“Okay. So, not tonight then,” she replied with a nod. “Tomorrow night?”
clap They could also wait until she’s less likely to conceive due to the position of the moon relative to her birthday.

“I’ll bring the blankets, and you bring the precautions,” Rachel suggested.
clap She’s taking care of the important bits.

She shrugged. “Why not? There’s nobody around for miles. Nobody will see us.”
What about Russion spy satellites trying keep taps on the alien invader?

“If something happens…”

“Then you’ll have yourself a wife,” she said with a laugh.
clap

He had flown himself to Austin in the predawn hours and bought the condoms. He felt dirty, cheap, and excited.
/imagines him standing at the pharmacy counter, looking embarrassed and very sheepish, as he points and mumbles while the pharmacist looks at him with scorn and packs a Bible into the bag with the condoms/

He had never thought of Rachel in that way before, and even though he had seen her a couple of times that summer in her navy one-piece swimsuit, he still couldn’t picture her naked.
So, no accidental x-ray vision usage then?

and even a couple bottles of beer he had been able to purchase because he looked older when he didn’t shave.
[Linked Image]

“I’ll just feel like a hotty, if you feel the need to rush.”
rotflol
Years later: “I’m sorry, Lana. I don’t know what’s wrong. The motor just won’t start.”

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.