His uncontrollable reaction confused even him. He knew that the Rachel Harris in his dimension was still alive and well, but still…
But she is on the whole such a good person, and everyone else is more of less the same dimesion to dimension, that this death really does hurt.

“Would she do that? Go off on her own into danger, without telling anyone?” Thomas asked.
Clark:Lois runs to have lunch with murderers, of course she would go off without telling.

“Lois has spunk. She kind of reminds me of Rachel,”
Well, there is much truth to this statement.

Thomas shrugged. “It was a long time ago.” He said it in the same tone that Clark used when he talked about his life in foster care, and Clark knew immediately that the wound had never healed.
This seems to be code for "I am still in denial". It seems to be a favorite line of this Clark.

“Ironic,” Thomas scoffed.

“What is?” Clark asked lost on Thomas’s train of thought.

“If Rachel had been alive she would have been the loudest critic of her family’s behavior. Of course, if she had been alive it never would have happened in the first place.”
It is good Thomas is facing up to this. On the other hand, I am not sure he is right about what would have happened if she had lived. After going to Prom with Walt would she have anything but negative feelings for him? Why did she agree to go with a jerk like Walt in the first place? I guess I can see lots of reasons, including maybe not knowing how much of a total jerk he is, but still.

Thomas shook his head. “They disrespect her memory, who she was, by using her death to attack us.” A small smile came to his face. “Man, nobody could Push Tush like her.” He laughed.
Maybe we should send Thomas over to alt-dimension to be with that Rachel. Of wait, there is a Thomas there. That would cause a problem. Hmm, maybe, maybe not.

He couldn’t picture her relaxing long enough to country line dance, which was a pity. He bet she’d enjoy it if she gave it a chance.
She seemed pretty relaxed at the Kerth ceremony. There is a lot Clark does not know about Lois. He needs to actually communicate with her more.

Clark let his mind wander back to dancing with Rachel. She had been so much fun.
Maybe the Keth ceremony with Lois was not as good as I thought.
Clark:Well, I just learned Rachel died on Prom night. It hurts a lot, and has caused me to think of her. I still like Lois more, but right now my mind is just preoccupied with Rachel.
NR:Right. Likely story.
She knew what to take, and what not to take, seriously.
Well, it is not Lois' fault she gets kidnapped more. And adults have more responsibilities. Anyway, is Rachel still like this, or is this Clark's nostalgic pining for a Rachel who no longer exists and maybe never did.

OK, so I really do not like the Clark obsessing over Rachel. It did not seem too bad on the first run through, but on analizing things, I am really worrying about his attachement to Lois. Good thing Rachel is dead.
Clark: shock Thomas wants a chance with Lois? OK, I think on first reading it I figured he meant Rachel, but still it really does sound like he means Lois.

He wondered if Thomas and Rachel were destined for one another like he and Lois were.
Destined, schmestined. More reason to write my Rachel H. Kent story.

Shame instantly filled him and Clark lowered his head.
Now he is planning on abandoning another Lois.

Having tasted Lois’s kisses Clark knew he was in this dimension for the long haul.
Or maybe not. I guess Clark will be here for a while. 200+ part story here we come.

Of course, if he could ever convince Lois to take a chance and love him, he was sure time would pass like the blink of an eye. It was the getting to love that seemed to be dragging its feet.
The problem is Clark thinks he can get Lois to love him. He can onlybe the man she can love, he can not change her feelings for him at all.

On the other hand, to be that man he has to tell the truth. I really think he needs to take the leap of truth now. Lois may not believe he can survive the crash at the end of the lead, but he is Clark Kent. Clark Kent survives all.

When the camouflaged soldiers had jumped out of the trees around him, Clark felt like a fool.
PR:Lois gets captures by the bad guys all the time, and no one thinks her a fool.

Trask walked out of the tent, and Clark’s stomach sank. Once again, Lois was right. If Bureau 39 had Lois, who knew what they would do to her?
NR:See I said Traks was here.
PR:At least he does not shot first, ask questions later.

“My newspaper sent me to investigate an EPA cleanup,” Clark explained.
100% true. Although his initial information suggested it was very fishy.

“Where’s Lois?” Clark demanded,
Well, they had talked to Sherman together.

Trask’s eyebrows shot up. “Lost your partner, Kent? I’d say ‘girlfriend’ but, come on, none of us really bought that act on the plane.
Shows that Trask was not behind the survailance of Lois' apartment. Otherwise he would be more conflicted over whether Lois and Clark have a relationship. Maybe not convinced, but more conflicted.

Is she still up close and personal with the Daily Planet’s favorite spy in tights?”
More evidence he was not behind the survailance.

Had he just alerted Trask’s men to her locale?
Nah, you can't do that when you don't know it.

no matter how much it pained him to have her be the one rescuing him.
Sounds like he has a macho complex issue. He is not ready for a workable relationship with Lois until he fully accepts her as an equal, and not just someone to save.

but mostly because she still thought Clark had some way to reach Superman. At this point in time, Lois might be willing to risk Clark’s life, but she wouldn’t risk her hero.
On the whole I think this is a very unfair assement. Anyway, she does not know about Kryptonite, so she does not know anything could hirt SM.

As the soldiers pulled him into a tent and attached chains to his ankles and wrists, Clark wished that a fraction of her would want to save him for himself or, better yet, save him for her.
Well, it is not like things can go down hill from this feeling. No matter what Lois does, it can not make him have less hope.

Clark didn’t know if Trask had found Lois or Thomas, and if he had, whether the man had interrogated them before coming to discuss things with him.
Have we now reached the point where we don't know. Hmm, if I understood the opening 45 minute statement, I would guess yes.

Clark felt like banging his head on the table.
Clark:Even if this plan could work, which it obviously can't, I would never turn on anyone like that.
PR:Well, Trask would probably never keep his end of the bargain anyway. So it isn;t a real offer.

Wasn’t there one person in this dimension who didn’t know he was head over heels in love with Lois?
Well, yes, but probably none who had ever seen him and Lois in the same area.

“If he had infused me with his power, why I am here? How were your guys able to capture me? Why haven’t I broken free?” Clark retorted.
This is a really good question. Considering the circumstances, how did Trask even come up with such a crazy idea.

“I’m not related to those Kents,” Clark told them honestly.
Yes, but it does not sound like it is honest.

Why had he told people in this dimension he was from Smallville, Kansas?
He hates lieing. I guess he is also horrible at it.

No wonder Lois was angry with him.
Yes, but in the long run she will be less angry, at least if he can ever get her to see the truth, which is a big if. It will feel less of a deception if what he was saying about where he grew up was 100% true. At least I think so. OK, it could be argued that when he said Smallville, and Kansas State and such it would be assumed he meant this earth Smallville, and this earth Kansas State, but it will seem less a lie than if he had spun an elaborate story of being raised in Chicago.

Trask seems to know a lot more about Clark than does Luthor.

John Pack Lambert