Okay, I know I shouldn't do this, but since it wasn't obvious to either of my Betas (even AFTER I added the more telling part of Clark buying the beer), or any of my Readers, I'll try to spell it out and see if it hits any of you over the head.

cool Back in alt-dimension, while spending the first summer after college, where did Clark go when he wanted to "relax"? Where his cares seemed to melt away? It was like all the stresses of his life "didn't matter" anymore.

cool He brought Rachel to join him at Shuster's field, and planned on telling her some of these things that weighed him down (but not necessarily the whole truth).

cool After spending the evening star watching in Shuster's field, Clark easily agrees to Rachel's suggestion to "do it", even though he had never thought of her in that way before.

cool He broke the law to buy beer (in Texas even!) and didn't CARE.

cool Clark even used his heat vision in front of Rachel and floated her above the ground so she'd be more comfortable. <<i.e. not scared of using his powers in front of her>>

cool It had felt like he felt (currently) on Green Kryptonite, slow, dumb, DRUGGED, only without the pain or the loss of his powers.

cool With Lana it wasn't as good as he remembered it had been with Rachel. Thinking back to his time with Rachel had this dream-like nostalgic feeling to it.

cool Thinking back on that time of his life, he didn't understand WHY he made the decisions he had.

Do you still think Clark agreed to it because of the way he was brought up? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.