Honestly, Vicki, what others do/don't do in their personal lives doesn't bother me in the least. I think that the laws that would allow gay/lesbian marriage, again, would not affect me in how I live my daily life. Actually, I'd probably be better off - I have quite a few gay friends that would love to have that privilege!

In any case, I don't believe that gays/lesbians are physically or psychologically different from anyone else, and, therefore, would not be inherently deficient in parenting. I think that, along with quite a few on the thread, gays and lesbians should be allowed a union, and, assuming they pass the exams given by the government/agencies that adopt children out, they should be allowed to adopt.

As a sidenote, I believe the problem lies with the overly Christian/Puritan opinion of gays and lesbians fostered by a literal reading of the Bible. Darn Puritans. sad But to discuss that, I'd need another thread, so I won't go there.

Mind you, everyone has a different opinion. That's the beauty of our cultures and governments- that we can all live under the same laws and yet have vast differences like we do. Although I don't agree with your position, I agree that you have a right to your opinion, as I have a right to my own.

Okay, I've said what I wanted to say after following this thread, and I'll refrain from speaking and reading any longer - I have to study for finals. Have a great weekend, everyone! smile

~Kelly

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss