Squirky,

When you say you don't care what others do, do you mean you don't care what they do with their personal lives - as in, if you are a man and you want to live with another man, what's that to me? Because if that's what you mean, then I totally agree. Who my neighbor loves and who he lives with is no concern of mine.

Or do you mean you don't care what people (voters and, by extention, legislators) do - as in, if they want to pass a law to redefine marriage, what's that to me? Because there, I would disagree. I believe it is of utmost importance that before a far-reaching law such as this be enacted, its effects on society and especially, as the title of this thread says, on the rights and protection of children, not to mention its effect on churches and our 1st Amendment right to Freedom of Religion, be analyzed and discussed.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster