The global warming "industry" -- researchers getting public grants and the politicians who support them (not to mention the businessmen *coughalgorecough* who are making a fortune in such bullcrap areas as 'carbon credits') -- may have started out in good faith but if so has totally been transformed over the years. Now it's all about money and power. Our money, their power.

Please note I'm not accusing everyone who's been alarmed about global warming, just the ones who've been cynically alarming them with skewed "science."

I've always said that it's foolish to destroy the global economy (the inevitable effect of cap'n'trade) (way to go, Aussies!) to try to mitigate some possible future harm. Now that we know how cooked the data have been, it's even less reasonable. We don't know what's going on, we don't understand all the processes and cycles and self-correcting mechanisms built into the ecosystem. Especially considering that those who study such things have been lying through their teeth about them.

Copenhagen will be a collossal joke.

Though it's not quite such delicious schadenfreude as having Mr. President travel there in order to see Chicago knocked out of Olympic contention in the first round. D'oh!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K