Hey guys, I ran across a fascinating video on YouTube, and I thought I'd share the link:

The Great Global Warming Swindle

It's over an hour long but doesn't feel that way when you're watching it; it's a very well-done documentary, which I believe was aired in Great Britain. They've got meteorologists and environmental scientists -- not to mention the co-founder of Green Peace, who quit in disgust.

I thought it was fascinating. Did you know that more than half of the warming in this century occurred *before* 1940? And from the 40's to the 70's, global temperatures were falling... enough to prompt a flurry of scary headlines (from, of course, a consensus of scientists) about Global Cooling and the coming Ice Age (I'm *just* barely old enough that I remember that). In the 80's temps started trending upward again, which is where the Global Warming hysteria started.

Anyway, overall it made sense to me. You'll have to judge for yourselves. smile Anyone who's sat through "An Inconvenient Truth" probably ought to see this, too, just to bolster their understanding of the issues.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K