As a geographer, whose feet have been planted in several aspects of the global warming/cooling studies (in particular glaciology and volcanology) as well as the whole carbon credits stuff, I can't help but laugh.

There will always be 2 sides to this debate, and as someone said earlier, more often than not the most politicised side of the debate is seen. Scientist base things on facts... politics do not... and having worked for a government... I can tell you that the science is often overlooked or "prettied up" for the political swing of a topic (much to the annoyance of those of us who come up with the real statistics and data).

Can we do our part to help by recycling and conserving... sure... why not...

It comes down to not the facts, but what you as an individual feel you have to do to believe you are making a difference (or not) in this world... global warming (manmade, godmade or otherwise) has little to do with it.

I recycle(d... they don't seem to have much of a concept of recycling in China...) because of the idea of less waste and the belief of re-use.. not because the ozone is burning off, or the planet is getting too warm, or we are heading for another ice age... or anything like that.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box