You're right, Rat; there have been claims and counter-claims (documentaries and debunkings) thick on the ground, and it's really hard for us regular joes to sort it all out. One hopes the truth will get out sooner or later.

Speaking of which, there was an article in the New York Times (a notoriously liberal/leftist paper, for those who don't know) last week highlighting some scientific criticisms of Al Gore's famous movie. Apparently, even some global warming believers think Al's piled it on a bit too thick.

(I got to the article just fine, so I don't *think* it's restricted access; if it is, you can always check with "bugmenot.com" to get a fake login smile )

The thing that amuses me the most is the "Al Gore Effect" :

According to urbandictionary.com, this is "the phenomenon that leads to unseasonably cold temperatures, driving rain, hail, or snow whenever Al Gore visits an area to discuss global warming." It was spotted in New York City in 2004 and again in Australia last November, when his arrival there on his "Inconvenient Truth" tour was marked by an unexpected late-winter snowstorm.

It happened in Canada this year, sort of, when tickets to a Feb. 21 speech by Mr. Gore at the University of Toronto went on sale — on the coldest Feb. 7 on record for downtown Toronto. — Peter Scowen, Globe & Mail
The list of examples just keeps getting longer . I'm not trying to claim that this proves anything, but some of us find it really hilarious goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K