Forgive me if I haven't caught up on this thread thoroughly, but I just have to say what I think. Even though I know I'm very very late coming to this thread. I've missed it last week and saw the rerun on CityTV just tonight.

I remember in a L&C vs Smallville discussion here once I ruthlessly insulted Smallville and said it was bad.

Scratch that. goofy

Okay, I still think L&C is way better, but Smallville is not bad. And their sense of geography still bothers me. (Side fact to anyone who saw The Sound of Music: Salzburg doesn't border with Switzerland - to which they escaped in the end. So it could be said about all of Hollywood as well.)

Since I only watched two episodes so far, I can't really say anything about the rest of the show, but somehow I get the feeling this was not the greatest episode.

One thing that disturbed me was the whole superpower exchange. As far as I know, Clark shouldn't have lost his powers, but maybe that was a substitute for red K, to create an Ultrawoman-style ultrafreak. Once Clark got the kryptonite and got his powers back, and the other guy took the rock, I was like, "Are they going to be doing this back and forth?"

I mean, each time they switch powers the non-powered person can grab the kryptonite and repeat the procedure. huh

But the funniest thing was to see Lionel watching the security camera video and thinking, oh, crap, he knew the secret, and now I've given up the chance to know it as well. I was like, "HAHA". Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)