Originally posted by John Lambert:
This makes total sense. I have to admit I have not fully internalized how much Clark was hurt be realizing that Lois had not really forgiven him and fallen madly in love with him, and that it was all a drug-induced lie. Then Wells thows on the "if you make love, she will die" line, and his world collapses.
How Clark has both his best day ever, and worst day ever all wrapped up into one.

I guess Wells thinks he is protecting Clark from that horror, but I am not convinced. I also think he should have warned Clark about the curse before taking him to meet Lois.
You mean that same Herb who introduced canon Clark to Tempus, and who never mentioned it A WEEK before canon Lois and Clark's wedding (S3), THAT Herb? Let's just say, for a time traveler he has very bad timing indeed.

True, but I mainly like it because it is a situation where Clark reveals he is SM to avoid discussion even tougher things.
That sounds like this Clark's personality. That he would FINALLY reveal himself only to cover up something else.

I hope he talks with his parents about the curse, but I can see why it would be diffucult. I mean he just met them, and this is a very personal issue, and he does not know if he wants to bring up the dead Clark, and the whole concept is so bizarre, and the effect hurts so much, sharing it is scary.
I believe it's too early to discuss it with anyone else yet.

That works for me. I also like your thought that she has these feelings for SM and CK because deep down she knows SM=CK. I still wonder if her being so in love with both will cause her needless consternation until Clark finally tells her the truth.
Needless torture? Me? laugh

Negative Reader likes to argue annoying and perverse things.
clap

I guess that is why she never realizes, the issue does not even come up.
In the (old) comics, Superman has a bunch of Superman robots he can use at anytime, so that Clark and Superman can be at the same place at the same time. I cannot picture our Clark ever creating such an elaborate hoax, just to fool Lois. Of course that Lois is more like Lois on pheromones around Superman (all the time), trying to find ways to convince Superman to marry her.

I was more thinking that she wants to take him into the shower with her.

Lois: That is a wonderful idea. Although the way Clark is acting, I am not sure he would come if invited.
CLARK: Wow! Look at the time. I need to.. uh... uh... Help Superman count polar bears, excuse me. <<runs off>>

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.