The last time he believed she was being honest (the day before), he found out he'd only been duped by a drugged Lois. He doesn't want to be fooled again.
This makes total sense. I have to admit I have not fully internalized how much Clark was hurt be realizing that Lois had not really forgiven him and fallen madly in love with him, and that it was all a drug-induced lie. Then Wells thows on the "if you make love, she will die" line, and his world collapses.

I guess Wells thinks he is protecting Clark from that horror, but I am not convinced. I also think he should have warned Clark about the curse before taking him to meet Lois.

Clark: Well, I do not think those who have decided to mess up my chances for happiness would see a loop whole there.

Lois: What are you talking about.

Clark: I think I hear sirens, I need to go stop a fire in the West River District.

Lois:What?

Clark:I am Superman, Bye, see you in a bit.
Yes, he's trying to avoid that type of reveal.
True, but I mainly like it because it is a situation where Clark reveals he is SM to avoid discussion even tougher things.

I hope he talks with his parents about the curse, but I can see why it would be diffucult. I mean he just met them, and this is a very personal issue, and he does not know if he wants to bring up the dead Clark, and the whole concept is so bizarre, and the effect hurts so much, sharing it is scary.

In "Another Lois" Lois wasn't sprayed by Revenge and was out working on the dock strike story all day, so Ralph didn't really have opportunity to confront her at work as he did here. Since he did, my guess he spent the evening with an ice pack more than anything.
Lois:Clark, you could have slept with me. Or we could have both slept at your palce. It's not like Ralph would have been a threat with your big, strong, wonderful, amazing, sexy body there to protect me.

Now this makes sense to me. I can see Lois having these feelings for Superman, but telling them to Luthor.
She's a bit of a fountain of information, because she cannot see why telling everyone how she feels is a bad thing.
That works for me. I also like your thought that she has these feelings for SM and CK because deep down she knows SM=CK. I still wonder if her being so in love with both will cause her needless consternation until Clark finally tells her the truth.

NR: Well, she really does not chose CK first now does she, if she voices her feelings for SM still.
So, it's impossible to feel attraction to one person while in love with another?
Negative Reader likes to argue annoying and perverse things.

Lois: Now that brings up a good question, why I have I never seen Clark next to Superman.
LOIS: You know I've never thought about it. Surely, I've seen them together, haven't I?
I guess that is why she never realizes, the issue does not even come up.

Now her thoughts are more along the lines of alt-Lois from Missing Lois.
smile1 they are making progress.

Lois: I liked it much better siting on his lap.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Clark: Lois, you are more than enough alluring without reading those articles.
True.
Lois: Obviously not, since you did not make love to me last night.

John Pack Lambert