John: Thanks for in-depth analysis. smile1

I now how a good excuse for a short FDK. I really, really do not want the next part delayed at all.
Part 80 was sent to Beta last night and I'm 3-4 pages into 81. If that's done by Tuesday, posting will be on schedule.

The end of this part was just too down a note for me. I know that Lois is right that Clark has never really explained things, and from her persepctive Clark has been acting off, and he has, but I just was hit by it really hard for some reason.
It's a big drop from enamored Lois.

I guess I have this fear that Clark will explain too little about what happened. I doubt he will explain enough, but I really hope it won't be as bad as I fear.
cool

It was interesting seeing Luthor who had been effected.
We see Luthor affected in canon; I just moved the initial spraying up.

The scenes in the newsroom were good. I still do not understand why Lois did not cancel her meeting with Lex, I guess that would just make things too simple.
Because she's decided to look into him.

I was a bit <<dizzy>> over Lois' lines about Superman to Lex.
So, she can't think SM is hot while on pheromones?

When Lois woke up I was really afraid that she would think Clark had drugged her. I am glad that that thought never crossed her mind.
Never crossed her mind. It wouldn't be like him. Like Lex, yes, like Clark, no. Otherwise, he would have taken advantage of her on earlier occassions.

I am also glad she was able to convey to Superman that she was worried about Clark and not mad at Clark.
Did she? I wanted him to be nervous about whether or not she was asking for Clark, because he thought she was angry. He doesn't realize it until the end of their converstation, when she states matter-of-factly what her fears are about Clark.

I guess I should have little hope that Clark will explain what happened, especially since the perfume seems okay and Miranda seems unlikely to get caught.
The perfume is okay? Miranda won't get caught?

I feel for Clark in that his doing the right thing and resisting Lois' advances while drugged is being counted against him. Still, I doubt he will explain the full truth to Lois of what he learned any time soon, so she is probably right that he will hid the terrible thing he learned.
[Linked Image]

On the other hand, even if he explains he is Superman he still has a lot more explaining to do to get to a point where he can really tell the horrible thing he learned.
[Linked Image]

I am torn between hoping for the best and fearing the worst.
That's a good place to be. I must be doing my job. laugh

I guess I do have to say I like the story.
[Linked Image]

I am trying to tell myself I should be glad Lois does not think that Clark drugged her. I am glad of that, I am just worried that her overall reaction will be negative.
Oh, dear. Is my roller coaster cart starting to shake violently?

I am also hoping that Clark explains more than I really expect him to.
Hmmmmm. I'm going to guess, you expect him to tell her EVERYTHING. Don't you know me better than that by now?

I have to say you have done a really good job of giving us a sense of Lois' thoughts as she wakes up.
smile1 Thank you. Glad you... well, "liked" probably isn't the right word... I'm glad it worked for you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.