Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Christina: smile1 I was so scared mentioning the curse would scare you off. Phew.
Nope. Besides it's canon. It's very possible that Herb might bring it up in concern when there is nothing for him to be concerned with. *shrugs*

[QUOTE[
Herb, if you had only known what had nearly gone on in Canon Clark's apartment would you be nearly as adamant about jumping on Alt-Clark for just about the same thing?
HERB: eek Are you saying that my dimension's Clark is human too?[/QUOTE]
Surprised to see your hero has feet of Clay? Probably best you didn't see him during some of the other moments too.

A pretty good point I would think. I would also think he should have done the same with Lois and Clark BEFORE they got married... unless by undoing the curse before they got married they would have found themself married even EARLIER (say, around the clone arc?)
Oh, shucky darn. Wouldn't that have been embarrassing when Zara showed up?[/I]
lol. I don't know... I get the feeling she (Zara) might not have been averse to being a "second wife" (since she didn't seem to have any problem with him having a "concubine" in Lois.)

This one's the point I think Wells should have done. It's not like he hadn't done so before. I mean, he had to do it when Lois and Clark consummated the marriage in a different timeline (i.e. his own).
He didn't want to have the "Lois will die, here's the proof" argument again. He's trying to stop it from happening at all. His heart's in the right place, his execution is off though.
Way, way off.

I think he underestimated her attraction to Superman counteracting the (outwardly) negative attraction to Clark. It's that triangle effect of his soul that balances out those perceptions.
He did. He's making up for it now.

Wells! I can't believe that you believe this to be true. You yourself TOLD him that nothing is impossible!
He DOESN'T say it. laugh But he's quite flumoxed on what to do to undo this scenario.
He nearly said it and that's almost as bad. He certainly THINKS that it's impossible.

You know, I was thinking on this. If I remember correctly, isn't his world different from the Canon/this one's world due to a robbery? If it's the one that happened in Smallville then maybe there's some hints in his own as well.
THIS dimension is different in canon, only because that Kal-El died as a baby, so no Clark. Alt-Clark's alt-dimension diverted from canon back in around 1850. Why hasn't been mentioned. The robbery of Smallville's Bank by Tempus happened in 1866. <<after the split>>
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know why but I get the feeling the divergence between Alt-Clark's timeline and canon-Clark's timeline will be a significant point in the future.

I'll split this one into two. It looks like the break before Clark heads into the apartment's a good spot to cut out temporarily.
wave Thanks. [/QB]
And on to the new FDK from me:

Clark steeled his nerves as he stood before his front door. He had no idea what he would be walking in on, but he knew one thing, for certain: his desire would kill Lois.
*sigh* I can't believe he's taking Wells seriously.

Alt-Clark: Wouldn't you if the only chance at love meant killing them?

It was just like Herb to touch on Clark’s old fears, inadvertently as it might have been, fears Clark had put to rest more than a decade before. He squeezed his eyes shut in agony. He could still have sex, but he couldn’t touch the one person who would change sex into love.
And that reminds me a lot of the "Casanova" effect. Have you ever seen the mini-series with David Tennant as a Giacomo Casanova? In it, his character falls for the one woman he would never be able to marry (who ultimately leaves him.) He runs into her a few times but never again attains what he had once had with her (an equal in AND out of bed.) She was the one woman who might have been able to tame him (but had to leave him.) After that came a string of flings.

I don't expect Clark to do that but the unrequited love thing kind of struck me similarly.

He took another deep breath, reminding himself of two things: one, Lois was drunk on love and not herself, and two, if he allowed himself to be turned on by anything he saw inside his apartment, Lois would die. He might’ve chanced it if he knew he would be the one to die. At least, he’d be guaranteed to die happy.
Clark: Death by worshiping my love, what a way to go.

Actually, there was a third thing. He couldn’t let Lois out of his sight. He didn’t know if the drug would cause her to be interested in anyone else.
Don't want the Scardino effect, huh? (not that I expect her to be attracted to Scardino the way she is to Clark.)

Now that Clark knew she was drugged, the differences in her behavior seemed to hit him over the head. Her lack of curiosity or concern of where he had been and what he had been doing, had been the main distinction.
You know, that's something that I hadn't thought about being part of the pheromone compound. The strength of trust that comes from it. That she didn't need to know where he went to for example.

“Remember how back when I stayed the night during the whole Barbara Trevino scare,” she said. “You suggested that I should start moving in.”

That wasn’t exactly what he had said. Actually, he had thought she hadn’t heard him recommend that should she keep a change of clothes at his apartment, just in case. Clearly, a part of her had heard him.
And probably at least saw the logic of such an idea.

“That’s a terrific idea, Lois,” he replied, despite his tone not matching the enthusiasm of his words. He knew that Lois was apt to burn his clothes in a bonfire as soon as she recovered.
So he's still taking to clothes to her place. Interesting

“Or,” Lois said, turning her whole body against him. “Should we make love first? Then take your stuff to my place and make love again over there. In the morning, we could bring my things here.”
MORE than once? My Lois, on the pheromone you're positively insatiable.

“Work first, pleasure later.” Much, much, much later, if he was lucky.

“Makes Clarkie a very dull boy!” Lois finished, punctuating her words with a poke to his chest with her finger.
LOL

“That may be true,” he admitted. “But if we all followed our hedonistic desires, minha, no work would be accomplished, the Daily Planet would fold, and we would be destitute.”

“That would be sad. I hate feeling sad,” she said.
And it sounds like you might be getting through to her.

“Lois, all your stories help people. It’s one of the things I love most about you, how you give your all on a story, how you never give up, and never rest until the story is written and the people are helped,” he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and giving her a squeeze.
And the honest truth is the best way to get through to her.

Clark cleared his throat and stood up, so she’d fall to her feet. “My partner sits in her own chair,” he reminded her, pulling out a chair for her.

“But it’s so much more comfortable in your lap,” she complained.

He pointed to the chair. “Sit!”

She sat.
Pheromoned!Lois: Maybe if I follow what he says he'll like how obedient I am and make love to me. Not to mention, take-charge Clark is SEXY. mmmm *sighs dreamily.*

Instead, Lois clapped her hands together with delight. “How wonderful!” she gushed, scooting her chair closer to his to give him a kiss. “Everyone should fall in love. It’s such a wonderful feeling. I’ve never been happier.”
I'm reminded of Amy Adam's Giselle from "Enchanted." It's not really that far off, is it?

“I tried calling to you… no, not you… Superman, but he didn’t come. You both had left Metropolis. Ralph knocked me to the floor and tore open my shirt…” Her tears poured out in earnest now.
Subconciously, she's starting to put two and two together about Clark and Superman it seems.

Her fingers started dancing across his chest again. “Maybe if we made out for a while, it would take the edge off and…”
More likely it would heat things up further.

“Lois,” he warned.
Pheromoned!Lois: Oooo I love it when he gets growly like that. It's so sexy.

“Harrumph,” she said in frustration and pouted, crossing her arms. “I’m beginning to think you never loved me. If you really loved me, you’d be loving me right now!”
This is one of those things that makes me worry about how she'll take things after it wears off. I seriously think she'll believe that Clark didn't want her in an intimate manner because she had given him permission at one time (that I don't remember her rescinding) to take advantage of her the next time she was compromised.

“Lois, I’m not going to discuss this with you right now. I’ll be more than happy…” he lied. “— to discuss this when you’re feeling better.”
And if she's in the mood to discuss it after she's clear-headed, Clark? What then?

He thought for a moment. Perhaps he could compromise without really doing anything that would endanger Lois by activating his desire. “What if I rubbed your shoulders?”

Lois grinned, jumping to her feet. “I’ll go get undressed and lie down on the bed.”
Pheromoned!Lois: Oh goody, I'm going to get a
full-body massage. mmmmm.

Alt-Clark: Um. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested that.

“Am I still your minha?” she asked softly, gazing up at him.
Pheromoned!Lois: *petulantly* You haven't been acting much like you think I'm yours. I almost wonder if you've changed your mind about us.

Clark didn’t need Miss Loose-Lips Lois, which this pheromone induced version seemed to be, to tell everyone about his secret identity.
C'mon Clark, the only thing she seems to be in the mood to be outspoken about is her love and desire for you. I seriously doubt that knowing your secret would be a recipe for her to shout on the rooftops "I'm in love with Superman because he's Clark Kent!"

She had been more than happy to tell him all her secrets, anything he asked actually.
Only to you, Clark. I seriously doubt she'd be this vocal about her fears and desires if it was anyone else.

She had been more than happy to tell him all her secrets, anything he asked actually.
She and Jimbo never got married in her past life. She did promise that he'd be her fall-back if I remember correctly.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)