John: smile1 You spoil me. Thanks for the long FDK. I'm glad you're still enjoying my story, despite wanting to bash in Clark's head at times, regarding his wishy-washyness on revealing his most secret and private and earth-shattering of news.

I was hoping both Lois and Clark would meet Herb, but no such luck.
Why would he bring Lois? If he hasn't had time to explain what's going on, who Herb is, it wouldn't make sense to try to bring her into his conversation without having all the facts.

I have to agree 100% there.
I love Tempus as a character, but like Clark, I wouldn't want him interferring with my life.

Rubbish. After Tempus Clark knew he wanted Lois and could not have her.
HERB: What I meant was, that because without Tempus, Clark would now be married to Lana (and hiding his true self).

Go and get protection.
Possibly. [Linked Image]

At least he is being truthful.
Like Clark, Herb is mostly truthful. The only time he's really lied to Clark (not including omissions) was about alt-Lois. Actually, that was omissions and half-truths.

Clark buried his face in hands. “She’s never going to forgive me now.”
I am really not sure of that.

It is not like they have really done any more than in the past. Actually, he is going to have to work really had to avoid her anger for not making love to her. Hmm, he is in a tough situation.
Clark's referring to opening Lois's shirt and kissing down her chest.

I have to agree with him here. I just have a fear it will drive her to Luthor and a wedge between them though.
cool

Now I think Wells is just plain wrong. He has no proof the curse applies when it is a different Clark soul.
Herb doesn't want to take that chance with Lois's life. He's working within known parameters of Lois and Clark's relationship.

“Couldn’t you just travel into the future and see if she…” His words dropped off as he picked up the copy of the next day’s Daily Planet from the table.
I guess that is a big risk. Hmm, there needs to be some better way to test for the curse applying.
Herb is basing his hunch <<assumption>> on history (his dimension's Lois and Clark where Lois died of an unknown illness the next day). He's trying to pre-emptively save Lois's life. True, his assumption may have been wrong, but his heart was in the right place.

Clark is basing his conclusions on the belief that Herb wouldn't have come to him, having visited the future, without concrete proof that Lois died as a direct result of their coupling.

But she was not dead in two weeks. Wells is being duplicitous and dishonest by not telling Clark that he showed up two weeks later and Lois was alive and well. I like Wells less and less. He is constantly manipulating Clark and withholding vital information from him.
Herb's not trying to manipulate him. Clark HASN'T made love to Lois. It's always possible that by telling her that he's Superman, that they wouldn't have made love, until their possible wedding day two weeks later. It's always possible that her reaction to him telling her that he's Superman made Clark realize that she wasn't acting like herself enough that he checks out what she could have been exposed to to make her act like that. There is no proof that they would have made love. evil

True, Clark's no in full possession of the facts, but Herb isn't one reveal too much of one's future, now is he?

This is another thing he should really tell Clark. I am liking Wells less and less. His withholding of information is very disturbing.
Herb doesn't feel like it's fair to this Lois. If Clark were to know that this Lois could be an alt-version of canon Lois (which she is) would that have an impact on how Clark treats her? Would that have an impact on Clark's decision to save (or not save) Lois's True Clark being that he's met THAT Clark (or a version of him) before? Herb doesn't want to bias Clark's decisions in that regard. <<PSsst. You don't have to like Herb, just explaining his motivations better>>

Wells just does not get it. Life with Lois is so much better than without. Anyway, in his home dimension Clark is Superman to everyone and has no private life. I do not blame him for not going back.
Herb thought that Clark had already made the decision to leave this dimension, and only decided to stay when he discovered that they couldn't save Baby Kal-El. He figures now that Clark knows that they cannot consummate a marriage (should they reach that point), Clark wouldn't want to torture himself by staying in this dimension and would want to return to his dimension. It's a wrong assumption, but a fair one.

He should not have even told Wells this much. Realistically he needs to make any such plans with Lois.
He hasn't made any plans yet, nor would he bring Lois to alt-dimension without telling her so in advance. He's NOT that much a lunkhead. wink

I think he should be more open to giving her that option. It would work mostly, and if that is the easiest way for them to marry, why not? Clark needs to start making joint decisions with Lois.
If Herb is correct about the curse still affecting them, wouldn't that also be true in alt-dimension?

This is where I really start to dislike Wells. I am sick and tired of his plotting to seperate Lois and Clark.
Herb's not plotting against Lois and Clark. He's going to check back in case Clark has changed his mind. Maybe he will, knowing that he and Lois cannot have a fully initmate relationship. [Linked Image]

I doubt things would ever get so bad Clark would leave. On the other hand, I have my fears.
It's always darkest before dawn. Clark still has some lessons to learn. And Lois has some facts to learn.

He is too trusting of Wells. The evidence to me suggests the opposite.
I always thought that was a flaw in his relationship with most people, especially this time traveler.

Now that was just plain rude to leave so quickly.
Why? Clark said 'bye' and turned to return to his aparment.

Knowing Wells, he will go straight to when he thinks the encaging will be, and use his selective revealings of information to try to manipulate Clark into abandoning Lois.
I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens. laugh

I think Wells is more evil and manipulative than Clark thinks he is.
I'm thinking that John didn't realize that this evil writer would pull the rug out from under his nice and party-filled PML episode.

I guess it is probably best he resists her advances. She would probably be mad at some point about it. Still, I think Wells was dishonest and manipulative. He should at least have mentioned that they were both still alive when he showed up initially two weeks later.
Why tell Clark that he and Lois were to be married? Wouldn't have that been extra cruel, having just told him that they couldn't consummate said marriage? (or that Clark would have killed her on their wedding day?) Don't forget that Herb comes from another time, when it was the accepted norm not to consummate until after one was married.

My guess is that this is not a big issue. However, I guess as usually Wells told him absolutely nothing that was at all helpful.
Herb told Clark more than canon Clark knew. Canon Clark had to figure it out for himself.

At least he is not overly optimistic.
He's just had his hopes and dreams bashed against the rocks. Not much optimism left.

Yep, he won't like it.
You don't know that.

This seems exactly what she would do.
Glad to hear that she's not that much out of character. laugh

Well I guess knowing that Lois is drugged does put a damper on things. Still, I think Wells is just plain wrong.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. evil

I love how Lois is reinterpreting the past in a postivie light.
So does Clark, in a way.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.