Clark steeled his nerves as he stood before his front door. He had no idea what he would be walking in on, but he knew one thing, for certain: his desire would kill Lois.
He is too trusting of Wells. The evidence to me suggests the opposite.

He turned back to ask Herb how long the effect of the perfume lasted, but the man had already disappeared.
Now that was just plain rude to leave so quickly.

Clark hoped that Herb would return soon, but he wasn’t holding his breath.
Knowing Wells, he will go straight to when he thinks the encaging will be, and use his selective revealings of information to try to manipulate Clark into abandoning Lois.

It was just like Herb to touch on Clark’s old fears, inadvertently as it might have been, fears Clark had put to rest more than a decade before.
I think Wells is more evil and manipulative than Clark thinks he is.

He took another deep breath, reminding himself of two things: one, Lois was drunk on love and not herself,
I guess it is probably best he resists her advances. She would probably be mad at some point about it. Still, I think Wells was dishonest and manipulative. He should at least have mentioned that they were both still alive when he showed up initially two weeks later.

Actually, there was a third thing. He couldn’t let Lois out of his sight. He didn’t know if the drug would cause her to be interested in anyone else. With him, at least, she’d be safe. He scoffed. Now.
My guess is that this is not a big issue. However, I guess as usually Wells told him absolutely nothing that was at all helpful.

Clark opened the door and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. So far, so good. “Lois?” he called out.

“In here, Chuck,” her voice sang from his bedroom.
smile1 she is in his bedroom.

He cheated. He tilted down his glasses and took a glimpse into his bedroom before even taking one step further inside his apartment. Lois was still clothed; in fact, she had buttoned up her shirt. Had the perfume already started to wear off?
I doubt it.

Lois skipped out. She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss.
Well, if it did wear off, it was with no ill effects.

No such luck.
At least he is not overly optimistic.

“Hi!” she said in breathless manner, which reminded him of Marilyn Monroe’s.
More signs she has not recovered.

Now that Clark knew she was drugged, the differences in her behavior seemed to hit him over the head. Her lack of curiosity or concern of where he had been and what he had been doing, had been the main distinction.
Lois: party Clark is back.

“Hi. Whatcha been doing?” he asked with some trepidation.

She grinned. “Come and see!”
Yep, he won't like it.

“I’ve made room for me in your dresser,” she announced with glee.
This seems exactly what she would do.

John Pack Lambert