Clark had the strange feeling he had made things worse and started missing infatuated Lois.
But he has made it easier to avoid a situation where Lois will put him in a no-win bind.

“You dreamed about this?” he asked. That meant the dream had happened prior to her being exposed to the drug, because she hadn’t slept since the exposure. It was real. Not that the event itself was real, but the memory of the nightmare certainly was.
If he only knew that it was of a real event.

“Jimbo?” Clark repeated. Clearly, this had been only a dream.
Oh, he has no idea.

“Yes, but he was acting weird, like he was in love with me or something. He kept calling me sweetie or dear and telling me how I was precious,” Lois rambled.
I finally understand why that happened there, but Jimmy does not try to hone in on Lois here. It is a different Jimmy. I just figured that out.

Clark knew the feeling. Suddenly, a thought came to him. Was this one of those psychic memories that Herb told him that Lois might have? Had her true Clark abandoned Lois during the heat wave, never to return?
Now, he is being needlessly harsh on true Clark.

Canon Clark: I came back long before Miranda attacked.

She had seemed so upset the night that Clark went to meet Herb, back in November; she had been so afraid that he would never return. Was this due to a memory?
On this part he is totally right.

It would explain why Lois had hated Ralph since the first instant Perry had introduced him at work.
Lois: Ralph is just distrubing. Does there need to be any other explanation?

“I wasn’t attracted to any of them as I am with you.”
Of corse that is because she was not spayed.

If it was a memory, and Ralph had evidently set his sights on Lois… “I want you to sleep here tonight,” Clark suggested. He would sleep at Lois’s apartment.
That is not going to go over very well when the time comes.

Lois threw her arms around his neck and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I was beginning to think that you didn’t care for me, Chuck.”
This will make it really hard to explain his real plan.

“Of course, I care for you, Lois. I’ll always care for you,” he said, wishing he could do more.
Lois: Right now, what you are doing is enough.

“Oh, my gosh!” she gasped in horrified excitement. “You don’t think this might be one of my psychic visions, do you?”
Yes he does.

“I hope not.”
Again he speaks the truth.

“Let me see,” she murmured, placing her hands to her head. “Oh! I can’t think. All I want to do is kiss you.” So, she did.
smile1 hyper hyper

John Pack Lambert