Instead, Lois clapped her hands together with delight. “How wonderful!” she gushed, scooting her chair closer to his to give him a kiss. “Everyone should fall in love. It’s such a wonderful feeling. I’ve never been happier.”
party she is really in love. This will be an uphill battle.

“Lois, what about those people who might be attracted to the wrong people? What if a person was married, and she found herself attracted to someone who wasn’t her spouse?
He has a good point.

Someone might react in a manner that they normally wouldn’t. What if he was attracted to someone who wasn’t attracted to him? We need to help our colleagues. Someone could get hurt,” he said. “Like Ralph this morning.”
Now Clark is starting to get what was going on.

Her eyes widened in shock. “You don’t think I should have defended myself against that… that… monster?”
Clark needs to tread very carefully.

“Monster?” Clark repeated skeptically. It seemed like a strong term for the worm named Ralph. “Granted, Ralph treats women like scum, Lois, but I’m not sure if…”
Clark, you need to realize the reality of Lois' feelings.

“I had a nightmare about him where he… he…” Her voice rose higher in pitch until her head collapsed on his shoulder in tears. “Please, Clark, it was horrible.”

“You had a nightmare about Ralph?” he said, wrapping his arm around her, unable to stop himself from comforting her when she cried.[Quote]

party he is conforting her.

[Quote]“Uh-huh,” she sniffled into his neck. “He broke into my apartment and pushed me down…”
Clark: Remember, only nightmare. Must not go and punish Ralph, even if he deserves it.

“There. There. Lois, it was only a dream,” he reminded her.

“I tried calling to you… no, not you… Superman, but he didn’t come. You both had left Metropolis. Ralph knocked me to the floor and tore open my shirt…” Her tears poured out in earnest now.
Tell her now Clark. OK, I guess I have given up hope of Lois ever learning CK=SM in this story, at least most hope.

John Pack Lambert