The restaurant was everything that Lois had expected: dark and cave-like with romantic booths lit by candles on the tables.
Ah, I see she’s got a plan.

“Go for it, Lane! Tell him how you feel.”
Right.
LOIS: What do you mean, I don’t sound like my usual self?

but the bastard had blocked her view of Clark,
So, *that’s* why he got kicked.

and said those nasty things to her. She quickly disposed of him, and then she could see her handsome Clark again, which made her feel much better.
clap

She couldn’t believe how messed up it had gotten during their cab-ride.
She looked like she’s just been f…fished out of the river?

For some reason, though Clark clearly liked kissing her as much as she loved kissing him, he seemed to think she was being excessively affectionate, as if their love could ever be such a thing. Clark must have been teasing her, the silly man.
She’d better cool it down some or he might get suspicious.

“You’re so funny, Chuck,” Lois said, tapping him on his nose. “I love you.”

His face turned so serious, it almost scared her. Would he try to hurt her like Paul, Claude, and Superman had?
Uh-oh.

She should have known better. Clark would never hurt her. He could never hurt her. Well, he had, but that hadn’t been intentional. He was the most wonderful man ever.
I can’t imagine how bad that would have been if it where Lex instead of Clark.

He was even better than Superman was. She exhaled. Too bad Clark couldn’t fly,
[Linked Image]

He didn’t just say he loved her and have them only be words, which he didn’t mean, like that other man who flew.
[Linked Image] Also, she’s very funny in regard to her Superman references.

When Clark said he loved her, he meant it. They would be together forever, she just knew it.
Well…two weeks.

“No, that won’t do. I need something more loving to call you, something special just for you.”
Dolt? Muttonheaded dolt?

I must admit that I like it when you call me ‘Chuck’.
What’s the name of the bride of that horror-doll ‘Chuck’?

Nobody is as smart as you,” she said, which strangely enough made his brow furrow.

Why didn’t Clark like it when she complimented him?
Because she just told him that he’s smarter than her. He doesn’t like it when someone badmouths his beloved. Also, he thinks it’s OOC.
LOIS: Ribbit?

She felt so happy she could float off the ground, so why didn’t he?
Got his legs locked around the table feet?

“Well, except me, of course,” she went on with a grin to let him know she had been teasing, and he laughed again. Mission accomplished!
laugh

She had been dreaming again, recently, what could have been if they had made love that night.
[Linked Image] ?

“You know.” She kept her voice low and set her hand on his leg. “I want you, Clark.”
That’s quite forward of her. Propositioning him like that.

“I want you too, Lois, but don’t you think we’re moving too quickly?” he said.
Eeeeeehhhh…

He shook his head as confusion. “‘My darling’?”
Thought so.

“Yes, but I’m not one to make love, just because I’m physically able.”
That’s called having sex.

She interrupted him to continue her argument. “Clark, didn’t we almost make love in the storeroom at the Metro Club?”
Umm…bunny love?

“But, what, Clark? We were interrupted; otherwise we’d already be lovers now.”
Now, wouldn’t that have bummed Miranda out? Also, Lois would have been quite ticke doff when she had learned about all his lying.

I want to share our bodies, and until we do, I won’t feel like you trust me, or truly love me.”
I think he’s in a pickle now.

With him, making love would show him he could trust her with the truth, because she trusted him.
clap

“I love you, and only you,”
Umm…

he said, kissing one of her hands, then the other, and not answering her question at all.
See? Just like Lex.

That was better. Lois relaxed. She knew Clark wouldn’t cheat on her. Of course, he wouldn’t. His life depended on him being faithful.
clap A true hero.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.