When Clark said he loved her, he meant it. They would be together forever, she just knew it.
Clark: I just wish I could be sure I was the Clark she will be with.

Lois: Clark, you are the only Clark for me.

Lois leaned her head against his shoulder in contented bliss.
dance dance she has forgiven him.

Lois admitted, and then pointed at him, shaking her finger. “No more lying to me, Clark.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, this direct declaration is probably keeping him from realizing how totally off she is.
[quote]Clarkie. Clarkerino.” His name sounded funny on her tongue. “No, that won’t do. I need something more loving to call you, something special just for you.” She danced her fingers down his chest. She couldn’t wait until after lunch when she could finally get him alone again.
Lois: And then I can touch his chest without the annoying clothes in the way.

He laughed, taking hold of her hand. “I’ve been working for months to find an endearment for you, but nothing fits. I must admit that I like it when you call me ‘Chuck’. Nobody else could make that wrong name sound so wonderful.”
dance wrong Clark is now the new right.

“I know. Nicknames just don’t work on me. You’ll come up with something; I know you will. Nobody is as smart as you,”
dance she really does love him.

she said, which strangely enough made his brow furrow.
Clark: dance He winked at me.

Lois leaned over and kissed him. “There’s something else you can make… love,”
Clark: (fanning himself) Lois, maybe we should take this a little slower. We don't have to make love today.

Clark choked on his ravioli and needed to take a sip of water to clear his throat. “What are you saying, Lois?”
Clark: Please just be teasing me. I can't make love with you until I know I can stay here.

“You know.” She kept her voice low and set her hand on his leg. “I want you, Clark.”

His eyes popped out of his face. How could he be so surprised? He must have realized by now what he did to her.
Lois: Come on, all my bending over his desk and giving him good views of my chest and legs, and touching and kissing him in the cab and here and saying I love him should have clued him in by now.

“I want you too, Lois, but don’t you think we’re moving too quickly?” he said.

“Again with that word, my darling. Didn’t you promise to make love to me months ago?”
And this is why he has not clued in yet. They almost made love at the Metro Club, this is not Lois totally out of form, just more affectionate, and not holding her grudge, but even that had been lessening and the change from the morning was not too great.

Lois tossed back to him. “I don’t find this quick in the least.”

“Yes, Lois, but at the time you were angry and hurt. You needed time to heal,”
Lois: Not when we were in the Metro Club closet.

“Haven’t I healed?” she asked, batting her eyelashes rapidly in a way she knew all men liked.
Clark: Well, at least this man does.

“Yes, but I’m not one to make love, just because I’m physically able.”

Was Clark rejecting her? “Do you doubt that I love you, Clark?” she said, her eyes filling with tears.
Clark: No Lois, no, no, no. I am not rejecting you. I just want to do this right.

“But, what, Clark? We were interrupted; otherwise we’d already be lovers now.”
She does have a good point. It will even possibly overcome her anger once he recovers.

Lois: dance sloppy love for Clark. I am going to get to be with him.

She wiped her hands on her napkin and wrapped her arms around his neck again.
Lois: Why did I ever removed them? They feel so right here.

She leisurely kissed his lips. “I love you, Clark, body and soul. I want to share our bodies, and until we do, I won’t feel like you trust me, or truly love me.”
Clark: love Oh wait, still, better go slow.

John Pack Lambert