Valentine’s Day
dance dance . OK, probably not, but I can hope, right?

Lois and Clark must be at one of their apartments.
Umm, why exactly? I can think of lots of other places they might be.

Forty-five minutes later, Herb walked up the final flight of steps to Clark’s apartment. No one had answered at Ms. Lane’s apartment.
Maybe they just really did not want to be interrupted.

Herb knew Clark must have waited to consummate their relationship until after marriage, as the Clark from his universe had, since they were still both alive and well enough to marry on the fourteenth.
Unless of course his assumption about the curse applying fails.

He needed to warn Clark that they could not get married, under any circumstances.
Wait, why? Even if the curse applies, that would not seem to ban marriage "under any circumstances".

If Clark had already made the decision to marry Lois, let alone already asked Lois to be his wife, Herb knew his news would be doubly painful. Herb needed to talk to him before Clark had reached that turning point. He needed to contact him before Clark had any restored hopes of staying in this universe.
Or is Wells just so sure that he can fix things that he is sure it would be a bad thing? Or did he find Lois' "true soulmate" and decide Lois should be with him and not Clark? Hmm, we shall see, I hope soon.

Herb knocked on the door to the apartment and waited, and waited, and waited. Clark never came to the door.
party he is not letting Wells ruin his life.

Herb unfolded the Daily Planet with its red heart shaped “a’s”. It was possible that Herb was already too late. He would need to go back in time another day to try to reach Clark before he and Lois had been exposed too long to the perfume, and each other. Clark’s health and wellbeing depended on it, as did Lois’s.
I am less than convinced of this.

John Pack Lambert