Exotic danger? Like Japanese crabs?
Like an non-American woman brandishing a knife to his throat.

Nope. Bob and Bill. Had to look up both references, though (name and year). /points across the bay to Metropolis’ twin city.
London?

Just joking. You meant Boston? DC? Miami? Oh, right, Gotham City. wink

No. And I’m not going to just name the fic since the harvesting is kind of a surprise. OTOH, the fic’s really good, so now I’m in a pickle… OTOH, it's kind of the A-plot of the fic, so...
Ah. One of those fics I'll enjoy when I stumble across it and go, 'Hey, I wonder if this is the fic that Michael mentioned?'

Thank you so much for pointing that one out! I’m not sure where I got the idea from, but it’s my favorite bit, too. Hmm… Maybe it was a documentary on the deciphering of one of the Mesoamerican alphabets.
Maybe you should feed that plot bunny some carrots (after you pull it out of the freezer and thaw it out) and work on it between FDK responses?

It will come up in one form or another when someone has to break Lois to the leash, though. Umm… I meant, tell Lois of the concept so they can decide on how to best put her on a leash. Amm...
Good luck with surviving that one.

I do have another NK one, though. The Wedding Crashers It, too, features cultural misunderstandings. /digs toe into carpet/
I started that one this morning before my kids insisted on breakfast. Is the Archive version much different from the Boards version?

I thought so, too. Loved the tapping foot. And do you mean this one? <telescopic eyes>
I was looking for one with telescopic eyes and a tapping foot. I'm particular.

Oh, *that’s* why the good stuff makes you store calories. There usually are no crumbs left. Duh!
Precisely!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.