He fast forwarded ten minutes and noticed what he had missed before. Lois Lane’s bedroom light went on for a minute as she climbed out of bed and slipped on her shoes. Then she grabbed her purse and keys and left the apartment – never switching on any of the living room lights.

He fast forwarded to the next morning. Lois returned to the apartment in the same clothes as the night before. So, she had left in the middle of the night and returned home in the morning. He may be old enough to be Lois’s father, but he knew what that meant.
Bedtime's when she gets her biggest strikes of inspiration, Luthor, don't you know that?

“Don’t expect that I’m going to come over again and crawl into b…” Lois started saying before that boyfriend of Lucy’s interrupted her.

Lex switched off the monitor. “Well, there it is, proof, conclusive, that Lois’s relationship with Kent has changed,” he said to himself, banging his fist on his desk.
*snort* Or not. That's what you get when you apply your behavior onto someone else. I suppose it's a logical one but it's still a leap. I suspect bugging Kent's loft might help. :p

Lex pressed a button on his console.

Asabi entered and bowed. “Yes, sir?”

“Full work up on Clark Kent.”

“Clark Kent, sir?” Asabi echoed as if unfamiliar with the name.

“Clark Kent!” Lex yelled, snapping on the video showing Lois and Clark embracing at Lois’s desk the other day. “Lois Lane’s new partner!”
hyper hyper hyper

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)