Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/15/12 11:55 PM
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I'll post Part 33 by Sunday.

A/N: No dogs were actually owned, abused, and/or corrupted by Lex Luthor in the making of this story. This is just a work of fiction.
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 06:44 AM
Now you've got me worried that Lois will later claim she didn't know what she was doing (or didn't remember) because of the anesthesia!

What a rat Lex is, bugging Lois' apartment.

Joan
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 07:30 AM
Hi Virginia,

Lex returned to his computer, and with a click of his mouse, he had four views of Lois Lane’s apartment up on his monitor: her living room, kitchen, her bedroom, and, his favorite, her bathroom.
Luthor gives me the creeps: a stalker and a sociopath!

Xerxes danced excitedly at his heels.
Mad Dog Xerxes is as scary as his master. In French, you say: "Tel maître, tel chien"

Clark closed the distance and brushed his lips to hers.***End of Part 32***
End of the part? No! No! I'm leaving Saturday morning and I'll be out of town (without my computer) for ten days!

wave
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 10:41 AM
He fast forwarded ten minutes and noticed what he had missed before. Lois Lane’s bedroom light went on for a minute as she climbed out of bed and slipped on her shoes. Then she grabbed her purse and keys and left the apartment – never switching on any of the living room lights.

He fast forwarded to the next morning. Lois returned to the apartment in the same clothes as the night before. So, she had left in the middle of the night and returned home in the morning. He may be old enough to be Lois’s father, but he knew what that meant.
Bedtime's when she gets her biggest strikes of inspiration, Luthor, don't you know that?

“Don’t expect that I’m going to come over again and crawl into b…” Lois started saying before that boyfriend of Lucy’s interrupted her.

Lex switched off the monitor. “Well, there it is, proof, conclusive, that Lois’s relationship with Kent has changed,” he said to himself, banging his fist on his desk.
*snort* Or not. That's what you get when you apply your behavior onto someone else. I suppose it's a logical one but it's still a leap. I suspect bugging Kent's loft might help. :p

Lex pressed a button on his console.

Asabi entered and bowed. “Yes, sir?”

“Full work up on Clark Kent.”

“Clark Kent, sir?” Asabi echoed as if unfamiliar with the name.

“Clark Kent!” Lex yelled, snapping on the video showing Lois and Clark embracing at Lois’s desk the other day. “Lois Lane’s new partner!”
hyper hyper hyper
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 01:45 PM
Thank you all for reading. smile1

Joan: Lois is tired from the anesthesia, but not out of it (mentally). hyper hyper hyper </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe I did mention there would be more S1 kissing than in canon, didn't I? evil
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 01:58 PM
This time it's an actual four-parter, Virginia. Almost got to be five parts...

Lex Luthor sat in his secret office, not the fake one he let everyone see, the real office.
/imagines office with simple, efficient furniture, a comfortable chair and a high-end espresso machine in the corner/

It had been a good plan: Menken kidnaps Lois, Lex saves Lois and kills Menken, and makes Superman look like a fool, Lois gratefully jumps into Lex’s bed.
Umm…the bedding-part of the plan was probably likely to develop a few kinks.

Where had it all gone wrong?

His eyes narrowed. “Clark Kent.”
razz

He fast forwarded ten minutes and noticed what he had missed before. Lois Lane’s bedroom light went on for a minute as she climbed out of bed and slipped on her shoes.
[Linked Image]

So, she had left in the middle of the night and returned home in the morning. He may be old enough to be Lois’s father, but he knew what that meant.
[Linked Image] Stakeout!

“Don’t expect that I’m going to come over again and crawl into b…” Lois started
[Linked Image]

He flung his arm out across his desk, knocking his lamp, pen holder, and papers onto the floor, causing his dog to scurry under the table.
/recommends anger management therapy/ Say, does his ex-wife do those, too?

Did Superman know that Lois was now bedding her co-worker?
[Linked Image]
He was there at the time.

The one time Superman had been late, maybe punishing his girl for stepping out on him, she got shot.
Oops?

If Lois would cheat on Superman with Kent, it opened up the possibility she would with someone else as well.
[Linked Image]

Lex would need to rid Kent as his rival for Lois to continue his plans to castrate Superman, and to do that he’d need information on the man.
Oh boy. Say, can Superman return the favor and remove Lex’s fun equipment?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 02:01 PM
“Video, work and home, history.
clap Wouldn’t’ the hospital staff be kind of required to look for him? Or did Lois write a bad expose about them?

He turned around and smiled nervously at her, watching as her expression went from angry to relieved to angry again.

“Where have you been?” she growled.
laugh

“I see they haven’t given you anything for the pain yet,” Clark retorted.
Clark!

“I asked for you by name, requested that they look for you, and they told me they couldn’t find you,” she said, her eyes getting damp from tears.
They probably put it in the circular filing bin. And isn’t that what the PA system is for?

“You’re my partner, dammit, that makes you family,” she said,
I see, it’s kicking in now. Then again, sharing her byline is far more intimate than sharing her …well… what Lex means.

Do you know that they cut off my jacket and shirt without even a by-your-leave from me?”
laugh It’s ruined anyway.

“It would have been nice for a little warning before my entire chest was shown to everyone in the room,” she said with an annoyed shake of her head.
Oh. And laugh

But the hospital wasn’t the place for those kinds of truth.
Neither are their apartments. How about a hayloft in Kansas?

Unfortunately, without the other confession first, this second admission probably wouldn’t be as warmly received.
[Linked Image] Lois does kind of love you.

Clark found Cat in the OR waiting room when he got there,
Is all of Metropolis showing up?

and she instantly hugged him. He knew he probably shouldn’t have called her,
Aaaaahhh

I figure I better be there with bells on,”
laugh

So, Lex Luthor, huh? Where are they going to find his remains?
Remains?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 02:02 PM
Or aren’t they?”
hyper

“He’s Lex Luthor, what do you think?”
Suicide by cop before he can wiggle free?

“It’s not your fault!” Cat countered.
It does. In the Concubine Act of ’83. “Lords are responsible for all that their concubine does.”

Lois is lying over there with tubes in her, unable to use her arm for at least the next six weeks,
Six *weeks*?

and the man who did it is going to get off scot free, and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it.
Buy a sniper rifle. Set up shop in a cloud above his balcony, take a pot shot when he exits.

“Well, that’s good. You discussed this twenty-four hour protective detail with Lois, did you?”
hyper Oh, wait, she was being sarcastic…

“Can you tell me what I’m doing in a broom closet?”
The hospital’s overbooked after Tommy went bananas in mid town.

“Supply closet then,” Lois said, glancing around.
[Linked Image]

“Well…” Whatever sharp retort she was going to make, actually stopped at her lips. “Thank you.”
Awwwwwww

“Now, get me the hell out of here!” she hissed.

There was the woman that he loved.
clap

The elevator doors opened in the lobby of Lois’s apartment building
Hey, this is the first time he’s in her apartment, isn’t it? Will he now discover the bugs? Yes, please? Pretty please? Which will still be awkward. Can he remove certain body parts from Lex? Also, Superman could use his fingernails to tear off tiny bits of Lex, working inwards from the fingers and toes. He could intermittently cauterize the wound so Lex won’t bleed out and has time to wake up again from this lapse in consciousness. To be repeated until he is only a torso and a head.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 02:04 PM
Velcro-closing shirt with the words ‘I was patched up in the ER at Metropolis General Hospital and all I got was this lousy shirt’ printed on the back.
hyper

Putting their names together made her sad? He tried not to take it personally, but was finding it hard not to.
hyper

“There is only one man for me, Clark,”
“Lex”
Clark: “What?”
Lois: “Lex. Lex is standing in the door.”

Clark closed the distance and brushed his lips to hers.
[Linked Image]

So. Any Comments?
Not funny. Should start keeping FDK back till next part is posted.

wave Michael

PS: Yes, I will wait patiently for another umm…58? hours. I do have a lot of things to do. This respite will help. Uh-huh. Say, could you ask Lois if that denial actually works eventually? Oh, wait, nevermind. Unless Lois slaps him silly in the first paragraph of part 33, I guess the answer is ‘no’.

Edit: What do you mean 'Sunday'? That's four - repeat F O U R - days. That won't do. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 02:45 PM
You may have heard the saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" (oh, wait, I think Clark used that recently. ) Well, in this case: dogs aren't born bad, they are made bad by people. Xerxes is just happy to go to the manor house and run around. He doesn't understand what they are doing is wrong. VERY, very, wrong. (In a completely different way than Clark is wrong.)
You're right, Virginia. What I meant is that with a master like Lex, a dog could be very dangerous.

Clark has informed me that he is more than happy to hang out kissing Lois for the next two weeks in your mind
Yes! hyper

Have a good time!
Thank you!

wave
Posted By: X Phile Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 06:54 PM
Where had it all gone wrong?

His eyes narrowed. “Clark Kent.”
Hate to break it to you, but you messed up the plan more than Clark.

Lex returned to his computer, and with a click of his mouse, he had four views of Lois Lane’s apartment up on his monitor: her living room, kitchen, her bedroom, and, his favorite, her bathroom.
clap

“They wouldn’t let me come back here because I’m not family, so I needed to improvise,” Clark explained with a shrug, moving closer.

“I asked for you by name, requested that they look for you, and they told me they couldn’t find you,” she said, her eyes getting damp from tears.
frown

Clark found Cat in the OR waiting room when he got there, and she instantly hugged him. He knew he probably shouldn’t have called her, but she was the closest thing to a best friend he had in this dimension, in either dimension in fact. Cat knew the one thing about him that nobody else did. How much he truly cared for Lois.
I’m glad he has Cat smile

“Oh, God, Cat. I can’t do this anymore.”

“Do what?” Cat inquired, obviously lost. “Chase after Lois? Hey, it just so happens, I’m still available.”

“Be him,” he murmured.
clap

“There is only one man for me, Clark,” she whispered, her hand sliding through his hair to the back of his head, drawing him nearer. “Only one man I can ever see myself marrying.”

“Oh?” he wondered, resting his forehead against hers. Their lips were almost touching.

“Uh-huh,” Lois said, breathless from his proximity, but she wasn’t pushing him away. She wasn’t stopping him.

Clark closed the distance and brushed his lips to hers.
jawdrop It ends there?! Oh what a cruel world!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 08:51 PM
“Hey, I’ve never been on Lois’s cheer squad, but when the captain of the football team calls me because his best girl gets shot, I figure I better be there with bells on,” Cat said, “Plus, I might get a chance to witness Lois in writhing pain, and that’s always a bonus.”
laugh laugh laugh

Oh, that Cat! She's got all the best lines in this fic.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/16/12 09:25 PM
Yay a kiss! Lex is toast!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/17/12 05:49 PM
Michael: Okay, pie made, canning done, time for replying to FDK! hyper (oh, it feels good to sit down. clap

Which was why he kept mum for so long until Lois was no longer touchable.
Well, that, and he promised not to leave her side. He's also been bouncing around with his legs crossed for quite some time. wink

Well, my FDK-FDK has been narrowed down to 3-part response. Thus endith part 1.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/17/12 05:53 PM
Oooh! Lucy!
Lucy didn't arrive until Clark left pre-op.

Umm…while they removed her clothes? Clark!
AFTER they changed her clothes.

You could just shut your eyes for the time they need to change her. Also, very insensitive.
I'm sure Lois didn't want it to be the first time he saw her chest either. (Although, technically, they didn't remove her bra, she wasn't fully exposed.)

Yes, a bored Lois is a dangerous Lois.
Yep. She might start wandering around, searching for an exclusive.

Wouldn’t’ the hospital staff be kind of required to look for him?
grumble Great, Michael, now you've done it!

It’s called marriage.
Technically, they do discuss marriage in this part.

So, he got sent on a suicide mission for failing to protect Lois? Nice Perry, very nice.
rotflol Suicide mission to some, pure bliss for others (okay, just one other... named Clark).

<dancing hotdog devil> <- “I’m sorry, Clark, that’s not what’s going to happen.” For us, though <big devil sized popcorn>
Lots of UST. It's a requirement with my Betas. Actually, only one of my Betas. The other one keeps sending me this guy: [Linked Image].

Thus endith FDK-FDK Part 2.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/17/12 06:03 PM
Michael's FDK-FDK - Part 3

What day is it?
Fight Night took place on a Saturday, so it will be Sunday (technically) by the time they return to Lois's apartment.

Especially considering the surveillance cams. No, Clark can give Lois her sponge bath just as fine as Lucy can.
a) they don't know about the surveillance, and b) Lucy helping Lois out in the shower isn't as much fun for Lex?

Big bed. Lois needs someone to rest her head on. Also, he could float.
Floating is not recommended due to Lex's cameras.

“You’re not sleeping with my sister,” she stated plainly.

Sleeping, Lucy. Not sleeping *with*.
This is a demand, not a statement of fact. She realizes that it was actually true, by his response. Hence her line about how they're perfect for one another.

“No, I’m not,” Clark responded, surprised that Jimbo hadn’t explained the facts to Lucy.

Oh. Wait. Lucy meant she just realized that Clark and Lois haven’t yet consummated their attraction?
*Now* she knows.

Is she suggesting that she and Jimmy and then she and Jimmy? But but but they’re not married! /tries to make scandalized face/
No comment. [Linked Image]

And here, this is called umm… ‘A’. When properly used, it fits perfectly with umm… ‘B’.
And James had thought Clark was The King! drool Chocolate covered?

And, Clark? Only rich sociopaths are allowed to watch Lois shower.
He promises to shut his eyes. [Linked Image]

Lex is going to get an eyeful. And a few days later… Don’t you think Lex has really nice, shiny blue eyes? Soon, he’ll even be able to see something again when the swellings gone back some.
Only Clark thinks this move is like Superman, anyway, Lex has gone hunting.

Superman. She’s dreaming of Superman. Oh boy.
Um... Actually not.

Virginia! Not funny.
evil

“Lex”
Clark: “What?”
Lois: “Lex. Lex is standing in the door.”
rotflol Sorry, Lex has gone to the manor house.

Not funny. Should start keeping FDK back till next part is posted.
shock Oh, dear. This originally wasn't the stopping spot for this Part, but then I added the scene with the DP staff and Lucy coming to wait with Clark back in, after cutting it, and spacing wise this seemed like a good spot. laugh No? [Linked Image]

Say, could you ask Lois if that denial actually works eventually? Oh, wait, nevermind. Unless Lois slaps him silly in the first paragraph of part 33, I guess the answer is ‘no’.
Denial? No, she knows what's going on. And, no, she doesn't slap him silly in the first paragraph of Part 33. Actually, I don't even think she raises her voice in the whole part. [Linked Image]

What do you mean 'Sunday'? That's four - repeat F O U R - days. That won't do.
*BY* Sunday. Posted 32 on THURSDAY (or my Wednesday Night) - day one. Friday - Saturday - days 2 & 3. Will post late Saturday night (my time) / early Sunday (your time) Day 1, again. It's only 4 days if you count the days I post part 32 & 33, which would be incorrect. It's marked on my calendar and there are only two days (unmarked) in-between posting days (which are marked). From this point, roughly 30 hours.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/17/12 06:10 PM
Syndey: Yes, Lex probably wouldn't be approved by the Humane Society as someone who could adopt a pet, especially the way he treats other humans. Have a nice trip. wave

X Phile: Ooooh! Long FDK! I'll get right back with you after I answer your other posts.

IolantheAlias: Cat's lots of fun. Maybe when this story is all over and done, I'll write one where she becomes evil. evil

Oh, that Cat! She's got all the best lines in this fic.
That's true for most characters of this ilk. Which is why when casting for "Grease" more actresses want to play Rizzo instead of Sandy.

Laura: Yes, a kiss. You asked for kisses. Hold on, here they come. evil If Clark won't fight Tommy Garrison, it very likely that Lex will survive the night. sad Unless, of course, Monique get ahold of an Uzi, but Lex doesn't prefer a fair fight, so I'm thinking "not".
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/17/12 07:06 PM
X Phile: I'm back. drool

LOIS: [Linked Image] Clark!

CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: [Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/18/12 03:43 AM
I just thought the readers needed to remember Lex doing that before Clark comes to visit.
So we wouldn’t be too harsh with Clark for dismembering the bad guy?

Nobody would appreciate Luthor if he walked around, smiling, as he made balloon animals.
He could still use the balloons to kidnap little children and make pie out of them?

Actually, I was imagining the one from Neverending Battle (his "war room") as opposed to the public one from the Pilot
blush Right. Monique should have been a dead giveaway. No pun intended.

Plan for the best, expect the worst. Only he hadn't expected THIS.
Like you’re expecting all kinds of trouble when the family congregates for a wedding but nobody expected Tempus to show up?

quote: And ‘exotic’? Why is Lucy exotic?

He liked how she does stretches.
Ah, exotic as in exotic dancer, not exotic as in not from the ‘Western World’. I just figured you didn’t want to write erotic.

Cute smilie. Hmmmm. Not vague enough?
Very vague. Those smilies have nothing to do with the PG-13 rating of the content and everyting with what Virginia is doing with Lex.

quote: See? Now he’s learning.

Oh, dear. Lex = 1, Clark = -43?
hyper /Waits for part to show up on dark side/

I'm not sure exactly who Russel Edgington is. Wikipedia suggests he's a character (vampire?) from true blood, and not a very nice one at that.
He once removed a heart (okay, I think it was actually the part of the spinal column behind the heart) of a news caster on live television. At least, Kal-El did it in the privacy of their motel room. Very dizzy laugh Shouldn’t have had that maxi-cola before meeting Lois and Lex.

Well, my FDK-FDK has been narrowed down to 3-part response. Thus endith part 1.
laugh

quote: Khaleesi!

[confused Virginia]
So, you’re not reading Song of Ice and Fire or watching Game of Thrones, huh? The Mongol horde equivalent over there braids bells into their hair, one for each victory. Khaleesi is the wife of the Khal, their tribe leader. It’s all very awesome.

Doubting there would be remains?
[Linked Image]

Since the last cop that had Lex was Henderson, doubtful.
To be fair, he did jump off his balcony while Lex was closing in on him.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/18/12 03:45 AM
Don't you mean: "all that happens to one's concubine"?
No. I mean, sure, he’s responsible for the offspring, at least so far as to take care of it, or what not. But other than that, not more so than a car owner is responsible for what happens to his car. He *is* allowed to wreck it with impunity, so long as he doesn’t endanger the public or make a mess, etc.

Before she had healed enough and grown enough muscle mass back to function at the bare minimum of what she used to (according to my medical advisors).
hyper

quote: “Be him,” he murmured.

I moved this line around, but neither of my Betas caught it either.
/raises hand/ Noticed it. Figured that’s just the stress talking and we’ve got more important things going on than *another* existential crisis of teenage Clark there. Lois will fix it with a swoon and a dive, anyway.

LOIS: [Dan stuffing his face into plunger]
What’s Call-me-Daniel doing here?

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/18/12 07:01 PM
Michael: Less than 6 hours now.

So we wouldn’t be too harsh with Clark for dismembering the bad guy?
[Linked Image]

He could still use the balloons to kidnap little children and make pie out of them?
How did I know you'd bring up that possibility?

Right. Monique should have been a dead giveaway. No pun intended.
Coincidence I assure you.

Like you’re expecting all kinds of trouble when the family congregates for a wedding but nobody expected Tempus to show up?
Tempus? Tempus showed up at the wedding? A week before yes, but the day of? I thought that was Lex.

Ah, exotic as in exotic danger, not exotic as in not from the ‘Western World’. I just figured you didn’t want to write erotic.
The way she moved was like an exotic dancer?

Very vague. Those smilies have nothing to do with the PG-13 rating of the content and everything with what Virginia is doing with Lex.
I'm sorry, do you want Lex's hijinks to be secret?

/points at previous note/ I do think it’s all fine. I mean, Lucy’s singing in the shower, while Lex is mad that it’s not Lois since she’s got the better voice. Oh, right. It’s not been Crush yet.
But he's been watching her apartment for over a month. I'm sure he's heard her sing at least once. wink

Right. And here I thought they crossed over from ML. My bad.
clap

Ah. He really isn’t into employee benefit programs, is he?
I believe Lex defines "benefits" different than most other people.

/Waits for part to show up on dark side/
Don't hold your breath (couldn't find a smilie representing this sadly.)

At least, Kal-El did it in the privacy of their motel room.
How very un-Clark of him.

Aaaaahhh… Tsk Tsk Tsk. This Lex has no style, does he? Not very James Bond of him.
No, more like the prince from Princess Bride.

Shouldn’t have had that maxi-cola before meeting Lois and Lex.
Why he was really 3 seconds late.

Although, if they prepped her for surgery, they would have. You’re usually naked in there.
I don't think so, when they are only operating on the arm.

Like… organ harvesting?
Talk to those involved in the gang shootout perhaps.

It’s the first time Lois is to that particular E.R. is it? Or did they change head nurses sometime after her last visit?
She usually used the services over at Metropolis University Hospital.

Insensitive. He’s not going to score anytime soon if he keeps that up.
Um... Okay. Do you want to tell him, or do you expect me to?

Well, there’s going to be more people in the O.R. Plus, she’s going to end up on the 1993 version of Youtube anyhow. So, VHS tape sharing in backyards?
Strangers are still strangers even when they are medical professionals. Just because they've seen other people's chests exposed in this manner, it's much different from the patient’s POV.

/squints eyes some more/
Squint all you want. It hasn't been written yet. devil

So, you’re not reading Song of Ice and Fire or watching Game of Thrones, huh? The Mongol horde equivalent over there braids bells into their hair, one for each victory. Khaleesi is the wife of the Khal, their tribe leader. It’s all very awesome.
Ah. No. I spend all my free time writing. Currently my reading from off the boards includes S5 stories (for about 3 months now) and "The Male Mind" (I definitely recommend that one for women, but I'm only in the first chapter). But if you think I should broaden my hobbies and read more...

To be fair, he did jump off his balcony while Lex was closing in on him.
Henderson jumped off Lex's balcony when Lex closed in on him? eek No wonder we didn't see Henderson after S1. I totally missed that.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/18/12 07:04 PM
No. I mean, sure, he’s responsible for the offspring, at least so far as to take care of it, or what not. But other than that, not more so than a car owner is responsible for what happens to his car. He *is* allowed to wreck it with impunity, so long as he doesn’t endanger the public or make a mess, etc.
So, a master is not responsible if someone else shoots the concubine in the arm with a gun?

Yes, it’s very much possible some other crime syndicate used a sniper in a helicopter.
clap

Oh dear. So, the bet’s for ‘next workday’. Yep. Unless she gets very ‘distracted’ or kidnapped by Lex. Or kidnapped by the Smart Kids, if you flip Crush and Kids. After all, how can Clark justify dumping a recently shot up Lois during Crush?
[Linked Image] CLARK: I vote for "very distracted". laugh

Which is why a Clark is needed.
[Linked Image] CLARK: In my defense. Lois is hurt and, well, asked for my help. <<grins innocently>>

Hence the disapproval of the morning shower while there’s still equipment to be found.
Oh, dear.

Again. He should find those cameras.
Currently distracted.

I know. I was just helping Clark telling Lucy it’s all fine.
Sorry, I missed that.

Rough awakening.
Or he believes Clark is being gentlemanly in front of Lois's sister.

You really where serious about the tights bit? I thought that’s just Clark being stubborn and stupid again.
It can't be both?

He has? Before or after the cameras? Hmm… one was after her dream of Superman sending Clark over. That was after the cams. But he only was there for a few minutes and stayed by the window…
Yes, and the other time was when he brought Lois back from the Met. Sewage Rec. Fac.

Huh. Okay. I had figured just a 200g nougat bar on a plate and a knife. They have those for baking.
What would be the point without the chocolate?

Like he promised that he doesn’t love her at the end of Season 1?
[Linked Image]

It would certainly have earned you a five-part FDK.
But the part was long enough already.

/taps foot with growing impatience/
[Linked Image]

Oh, okay. I thought you meant Sunday, 23:55, instead of the expected Saturday, 23:55.
Yes, sorry, I posted Part 32 a whole 5 minutes early by mistake. I'll try not to make that mistake again. rotflol What? It can't be used on naughty Clarks? I was trying to avoid the obvious: [Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/19/12 03:15 AM
Less than 6 hours now.
/carefully prods part 33 to see f it’s alive/ [Linked Image]

How did I know you'd bring up that possibility?
[Linked Image]

Tempus? Tempus showed up at the wedding? A week before yes, but the day of? I thought that was Lex.
drool unless you’re purely in it for the cocoa, in which case the 80% dark chocolate is the way to go cool

I'll try not to make that mistake again.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/19/12 01:39 PM
/carefully prods part 33 to see f it’s alive/
By the time you posted that it was already breathing on it's own.

But tempus is more *fun* in that regard.
Shall I send him an invite if the lunkhead and the Mad Dog ever get their act together?

/nods/ also, please note typo in quote has been fixed now.
Typo?

It makes for better sleeping. Unfortunately, it also causes less outrage.
Not knowing about Lex's penchant for making trouble makes it easier for you or the characters to sleep (in an ignorance is bliss sort of way)? Yeah, I can see that. Less outrage? From Clark? Probably. Don't worry, he and Lex aren't on each other 'friends and family' list. Well, actually, Clark is on Lex's but only because Lex wanted Clark to be annoyed to death by MCI's telemarketing calls during the dinner hour.

You know, when I first read that I thought you had written "outtage" like power outtage, and I'm like 'but I'm no where near MoSB.' blush

“He benefits from the employees”?
Yes, that too. Benefits can only be considered 'benefits' if the CEO also benefits from said benefits.

Extenuating circumstances. Also, Clark did mention his immediate voidance of morals if someone hurts Lois.
True, but once you kill one baddy what's going to stop him from killing another? And did he end up in jail for usurping the law/justice system like that? I'm betting not.

/imagines Superman slurping down a half-gallon cup of cola through a straw within 3 seconds/ It’s another deal struck by Murray Brown. Superman drinks Maxi Cola before every rescue.
CLARK: drool That does sound good! drool

/goes checking on growth of tomato plants/
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

But he looks just like *Dan*!
He does, doesn't he?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/19/12 02:31 PM
By the time you posted that it was already breathing on it's own.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/20/12 09:33 AM
Exotic dan*g*er
Pishaw! Lex can get exotic danger from his other girls. An exotic dancer on the other hand makes those videos jump! (My apologies to Lois)

what’s ‘MoSB’?
That would be an abv. for "Man of Steel Bars."

No he didn’t. It’s covered in the Vigilante Protection Act of 1939
clap The one written by Jerry and Joe?

The brain probably does. I was referring to kidneys and stuff. There’s a fic on that.
LnC fic on Clark as a organ harvester? :p

/pst/ You just have to tell him there’s a Lois at the end of the tunnel and he’ll push the hot poker in himself.
I could just remind him that PML will be coming up shortly after... Clark! Clark! What are you doing with that hot poker? Michael said to use the hot poker, not me! Put that down!

/nods/
Here’s a sneak peak from something that’s been cooking for two years now and since it’s not ready but I just love this bit, I’ll just paste it here and hope you’ll have a giggle (and no, no spoilers involved):
clap I love the part that it's like a pet one with an extra squiggley meaning sentient being. <<I'm too embarrassed for Clark's naivety to look, too interested in seeing his reaction to THAT conversation with Zara to look away>> That's it?! Where's the rest? [Linked Image] /psst. That's supposed to be a 'waiting' smilie, but I think it would work better with telescopic eyes looking instead of ear listening/

It is. And the best thing is, it has zero calories. Calories don’t count if tastes good, right?
Oh, no! The calories are still there, but you have leave them on the plate in the form of a crumb.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/20/12 10:12 AM
Pishaw! Lex can get exotic danger from his other girls. An exotic dancer on the other hand makes those videos jump! (My apologies to Lois)
Exotic danger? Like Japanese crabs?

That would be an abv. for "Man of Steel Bars."
Oh. Right. ‘Heatwave’. Like ASU being thought of only as ‘Nightfall’. My bad.

quote: No he didn’t. It’s covered in the Vigilante Protection Act of 1939

[Clap] The one written by Jerry and Joe?
Nope. Bob and Bill. Had to look up both references, though (name and year). /points across the bay to Metropolis’ twin city.

LnC fic on Clark as a organ harvester?
hyper I’m not sure where I got the idea from, but it’s my favorite bit, too. Hmm… Maybe it was a documentary on the deciphering of one of the Mesoamerican alphabets.

<<I'm too embarrassed for Clark's naivety to look, too interested in seeing his reaction to THAT conversation with Zara to look away>>
Me too. Well, not the embarrassment. It’s not written yet, though. It will come up in one form or another when someone has to break Lois to the leash, though. Umm… I meant, tell Lois of the concept so they can decide on how to best put her on a leash. Amm...

That's it?! Where's the rest?
It’s kind of sitting on my harddrive, 1/3rd or so done. [Linked Image]
I do have another NK one, though. The Wedding Crashers It, too, features cultural misunderstandings. /digs toe into carpet/
/psst. That's supposed to be a 'waiting' smilie, but I think it would work better with telescopic eyes looking instead of ear listening/
I thought so, too. Loved the tapping foot. And do you mean this one? [Linked Image]

Oh, no! The calories are still there, but you have leave them on the plate in the form of a crumb.
Oh, *that’s* why the good stuff makes you store calories. There usually are no crumbs left. Duh!

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/21/12 11:01 AM
Exotic danger? Like Japanese crabs?
Like an non-American woman brandishing a knife to his throat.

Nope. Bob and Bill. Had to look up both references, though (name and year). /points across the bay to Metropolis’ twin city.
London?

Just joking. You meant Boston? DC? Miami? Oh, right, Gotham City. wink

No. And I’m not going to just name the fic since the harvesting is kind of a surprise. OTOH, the fic’s really good, so now I’m in a pickle… OTOH, it's kind of the A-plot of the fic, so...
Ah. One of those fics I'll enjoy when I stumble across it and go, 'Hey, I wonder if this is the fic that Michael mentioned?'

Thank you so much for pointing that one out! I’m not sure where I got the idea from, but it’s my favorite bit, too. Hmm… Maybe it was a documentary on the deciphering of one of the Mesoamerican alphabets.
Maybe you should feed that plot bunny some carrots (after you pull it out of the freezer and thaw it out) and work on it between FDK responses?

It will come up in one form or another when someone has to break Lois to the leash, though. Umm… I meant, tell Lois of the concept so they can decide on how to best put her on a leash. Amm...
Good luck with surviving that one.

I do have another NK one, though. The Wedding Crashers It, too, features cultural misunderstandings. /digs toe into carpet/
I started that one this morning before my kids insisted on breakfast. Is the Archive version much different from the Boards version?

I thought so, too. Loved the tapping foot. And do you mean this one? <telescopic eyes>
I was looking for one with telescopic eyes and a tapping foot. I'm particular.

Oh, *that’s* why the good stuff makes you store calories. There usually are no crumbs left. Duh!
Precisely!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/21/12 11:17 AM
Maybe you should feed that plot bunny some carrots (after you pull it out of the freezer and thaw it out) and work on it between FDK responses?
/shifty eyes/ I need to be awake *and* have more than a little bit of time to get actual writing done. That's the main issue.
I started that one this morning before my kids insisted on breakfast. Is the Archive version much different from the Boards version?
hyper There's one scene where the plot-device got reworked after some feedback. It's in part 3 or 4. Changed brawn to wits to solve an issue. Other than that, just minor polishing. I would recommend the archived version, or at least, checking out the reworked scene in the archived version when all is said and done smile OTOH, the board-version has certain *other* advantages. Like checking out the responses of the other readers in between parts. That's always lots of fun.
Good luck with surviving that one.
/walks really carefully, always on the look-out for a Lois.
Ah. One of those fics I'll enjoy when I stumble across it and go, 'Hey, I wonder if this is the fic that Michael mentioned?'
Possibly. I'm quite willing to tell you though, if you don't mind it. I'm not sure if I yet mentioned the particular author, though.
I was looking for one with telescopic eyes and a tapping foot. I'm particular.
/nods/ Me, too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a smiley database where you can use filter criteria? Like 'devil taps-foot bat'?

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/22/12 10:50 PM
/shifty eyes/ I need to be awake *and* have more than a little bit of time to get actual writing done. That's the main issue.
Oh, dear, I waited until too late in your holiday to remind you to write.

/walks really carefully, always on the look-out for a Lois.
laugh

Possibly. I'm quite willing to tell you though, if you don't mind it. I'm not sure if I yet mentioned the particular author, though.
Maybe the next time you accidently give away the surprise ending (I've done that a couple of time myself when recommending fics. [Linked Image] "You'll love this fic, but I can't tell you what it's called..." :rolleyes: )you can give me a list of 4-5 titles and say, "it's one of these. Maybe." wink wink

/nods/ Me, too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a smiley database where you can use filter criteria? Like 'devil taps-foot bat'?
shock Devil Taps-foot bat? <<gulp>> guess this would be a bad time to tell you I got a little distracted from WC by starting that Water Fight Summer Ficathon story I signed up for. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/23/12 01:13 AM
Oh, dear, I waited until too late in your holiday to remind you to write.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/24/12 01:30 PM
I didn’t need a *reminder*. I just wanted to get all the other stuff on my list done first. Umm… So I could spend time on the story without guilting out over undone stuff.
You mean like eating your veggies to get dessert?

Not surprise ending. Just surprise that there’s an A-plot in there
clap Hey, don't look now, between those two people kissing there... I told you NOT to look. Now, you've done it.

LOIS: A story? There's a story somewhere around here, and I've been kissing Clark?

CLARK: Great. Thanks, guys.

MLT
Wendy Richards
CarolM
Labrat
Sue
Editor Jax
Yvonne Connell
Kathy B
Pam J
CC Aiken
This is in no way a complete list of the great authors on this board and archive. But, one of the stories written by them is the story mentioned above. So, you’ve now got a 1 in 250(?) chance of stumbling over the story
EW: <<opens up window to find time to read all those stories>>

Only if you want me to start compulsively checking the boards for Water Fight instead of trying to start on my own story.
Rough draft of the first half complete. Although, I think I may have stepped over the PG13 line in a place or two. jawdrop (I'm thinking starting stories isn't a problem with you, Michael. You need someone to [Linked Image]get you to finish them.)
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/25/12 03:23 AM
You mean like eating your veggies to get dessert?
yeah, kind of. Although, I do also complain if there’s too much meat and too few sidedishes.

LOIS: A story? There's a story somewhere around here, and I've been kissing Clark?

CLARK: Great. Thanks, guys.
clap

Wait? Lois dyed her hair? She's going under cover at the Met. Star as Linda King?
Who said only Clark can pull off a secret identity. And can you imagine if Clark doesn’t recognize ‘Linda’ and starts flirting with her?

(I'm thinking starting stories isn't a problem with you, Michael.
[Linked Image] Which is why I won’t be posting any new story that’s not completely typed up and ready for beta and am trying not to start new stories that will take a long time before I finish the others.

You need someone to [beta reader with a whip] get you to finish them.)
Umm… [Linked Image] ?

peep Michael
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/25/12 12:47 PM
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Now you've got me worried that Lois will later claim she didn't know what she was doing (or didn't remember) because of the anesthesia!

What a rat Lex is, bugging Lois' apartment.

Joan
I just remembered that Lex will see Lois and Clark kiss. It is probably good she did not remember that who she was going to marry was Lex, that might have given him too much of a chance to have her comitted.

It is also good that Clark has not told Lois his secret, at least not in Lois' apartment. Hopefully if he does tell it will be some place where Luthor does not have survalaince.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/26/12 12:30 AM
Michael: You eat veggies? Wow! That's terrific. Trying very hard to get my son to do that. So far, I can only get him to eat carrots. On the plus side, he's got great eyesight.

That’s what he gets for not marrying Lois in time.
dizzy Speaking of which that one will be coming to an Archive near you before too long.

Who said only Clark can pull off a secret identity. And can you imagine if Clark doesn’t recognize ‘Linda’ and starts flirting with her?
rotflol

Which is why I won’t be posting any new story that’s not completely typed up and ready for beta and am trying not to start new stories that will take a long time before I finish the others.
A definate recommendation for all writers with a RL. I, myself, don't really have one. This is where I come to talk to people over age 8. wallbash

<beta reader with whip>
Oh, good, you've got one of those already! Great! New stories coming soon. Maybe you should sign up for one of DC's Fall ficathon topics. <<coaxing>> You have until Dec. 1 to get it in.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/26/12 12:36 AM
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I just remembered that Lex will see Lois and Clark kiss.
Well, he figured that they were already dating / intimate from the hug in the office from the few days previous.

It is probably good she did not remember that who she was going to marry was Lex, that might have given him too much of a chance to have her comitted.
[Linked Image] She does still get creeped out by him enough to scrub her body after he kissed her and suggested she stay the night with him.

It is also good that Clark has not told Lois his secret, at least not in Lois' apartment. Hopefully if he does tell it will be some place where Luthor does not have survalaince.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/26/12 01:12 AM
So far, I can only get him to eat carrots. On the plus side, he's got great eyesight.
clap

Actually, according to Sue, marriage isn't a deterrent for work for Lois.
True. But only after she get fill of Clark. Oh, now I see the problem this Clark has.

I haven't sent it to Beta yet, and I still may be told that the DEs will push those first few pages over the limit. It's definitely PG13.
laugh

Try writing Nightfall Honeymoon for both Gfic and Nfic?
How long was that one again? /remembers doing first ever fic immediately on both g and n and that turned out to be 27 parts. I did start out with the idea of it being 5-6 parts.

This is where I come to talk to people over age 8.
And then you have Lois talk and Clark talk and the response to it all immediately turns back to…well…I wouldn’t say it’s the typical adult conversation laugh

quote: <beta reader with whip>

Oh, good, you've got one of those already!
No, not really. Especially at the moment. Would actually have to carefully go and knock on doors when I actually have something that’s fit to beta. But my back’s all nice and healed.

Maybe you should sign up for one of DC's Fall ficathon topics. <<coaxing>> You have until Dec. 1 to get it in.
There’s a *new* ficathon. [Linked Image] I still… umm… [Linked Image] Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/27/12 02:27 PM
True. But only after she get fill of Clark. Oh, now I see the problem this Clark has.
clap Yeah! Michael's gone off to write.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/29/12 02:35 PM
Sue. I think I broke her.
Oh dear. There was a bit of a scare involved. [Linked Image]

It does explain some of my banter, doesn't it?
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/30/12 01:42 AM
Umm…I don’t usually fly or float in my sleep so…oh look, something shiny! May I hold it, please?
Hmmmm. Let someone hold my green glowing rock who calls himself "Darth"? Hmmmm. Okay! <<tosses rock>> Have fun!

Uuuummm…I think I got home before 7 on Monday. Or was that past 7? Yesterday was after 8. Today sometime after 7:30. And then some more remote connecting to the office. So… writing…umm…Does FDK FDK FDK FDK count? I did make some notes for p36 FDK, though.
Oh, dear, you ran out of holiday. clap
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/30/12 01:54 PM
/juggles shiny piece of rock before trying to poke tied down Kryptonian with it/

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 08/30/12 02:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> /juggles shiny piece of rock before trying to poke tied down Kryptonian with it/

hyper You captured Nor?
Posted By: chelo Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 09/17/13 08:24 PM
Oooohhhh, this Lex is even worse!!! He's a mega-stalker!! I definitely hate him
mad

My favorite quote:
Help her? With the door? Inside? Prepare her some food? Get ready for bed? Take a shower? Clark swallowed. “Of course.”
thumbsup

And finally!!!! A kiss!!! Awwwww....

One question: is CK going to find the hidden micros and cameras, or is he going to be.... humm...."busy"?? sloppy
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 09/18/13 09:19 AM
chelo: Thank you for reading and commenting.
Oooohhhh, this Lex is even worse!!! He's a mega-stalker!! I definitely hate him
Yes, he's bad. I have a tendency to think I'm not making Lex sick and/or crazy enough, so he ends up seeming worse than he did in canon. In this universe, Lex has problems with the ladies.

And finally!!!! A kiss!!! Awwwww....
They kissed before, on the plane. And that time she said that she could never have a relationship with a man who didn't love sweets. Oh, you mean finally AGAIN. wink

One question: is CK going to find the hidden micros and cameras, or is he going to be.... humm...."busy"??
Busy? Oh, Clark is ALWAYS busy.

CLARK: blush

LOIS: Not in the way I want him to be *busy* mad

Ooops.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 09/22/13 09:43 PM
They kissed before, on the plane. And that time she said that she could never have a relationship with a man who didn't love sweets. Oh, you mean finally AGAIN. [Wink]
Oh, I thought Chelo meant finally a "non-ruse, non-breakup kiss". Although I was going to say "non-ruse" until you pointed out there was a kiss connected with the no sweets scene. That was a really tough scene that I only partially remember. I am just glad I did not start reading this story until they were in the midst of the Mencken's gym investigation. That was one of the toughest parts, maybe because I thought Lois would stay with her "I can not date a man who doesn't eat sweats" declaration.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (32/??) - 10/22/13 11:01 AM
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Oh, I thought Chelo meant finally a "non-ruse, non-breakup kiss". Although I was going to say "non-ruse" until you pointed out there was a kiss connected with the no sweets scene. That was a really tough scene that I only partially remember. I am just glad I did not start reading this story until they were in the midst of the Mencken's gym investigation. That was one of the toughest parts, maybe because I thought Lois would stay with her "I can not date a man who doesn't eat sweats" declaration.
She might have. I realized after I wrote Lois's no-sweets ultimatum that it wasn't a fair stance for Lois to keep. It was more a way for Lois to convince herself not to cheat on Superman.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards