Where had it all gone wrong?

His eyes narrowed. “Clark Kent.”
Hate to break it to you, but you messed up the plan more than Clark.

Lex returned to his computer, and with a click of his mouse, he had four views of Lois Lane’s apartment up on his monitor: her living room, kitchen, her bedroom, and, his favorite, her bathroom.
clap

“They wouldn’t let me come back here because I’m not family, so I needed to improvise,” Clark explained with a shrug, moving closer.

“I asked for you by name, requested that they look for you, and they told me they couldn’t find you,” she said, her eyes getting damp from tears.
frown

Clark found Cat in the OR waiting room when he got there, and she instantly hugged him. He knew he probably shouldn’t have called her, but she was the closest thing to a best friend he had in this dimension, in either dimension in fact. Cat knew the one thing about him that nobody else did. How much he truly cared for Lois.
I’m glad he has Cat smile

“Oh, God, Cat. I can’t do this anymore.”

“Do what?” Cat inquired, obviously lost. “Chase after Lois? Hey, it just so happens, I’m still available.”

“Be him,” he murmured.
clap

“There is only one man for me, Clark,” she whispered, her hand sliding through his hair to the back of his head, drawing him nearer. “Only one man I can ever see myself marrying.”

“Oh?” he wondered, resting his forehead against hers. Their lips were almost touching.

“Uh-huh,” Lois said, breathless from his proximity, but she wasn’t pushing him away. She wasn’t stopping him.

Clark closed the distance and brushed his lips to hers.
jawdrop It ends there?! Oh what a cruel world!