79) The Lost Mandate of Heaven: The American Betrayal of Ngo Dinh Diem President of Vietnam by Geoffrey Shaw I found out by chance that the assassination of President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu occurred nearby to my dad’s childhood home in Saigon and that dad remembers quite vividly the commotion of that day, but few books I have on the Vietnam conflict delve into the reasons behind the CIA backed coup. Well written and researched this paints a very different picture of the Catholic Ngo brothers to how history records them and posts the question as to whether their assassination only further destabilised South Vietnam and prolonged the conflict.

80) Japanese Destroyer Captain: Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Midway - The Great Naval Battles as Seen Through Japanese Eyes by Captain Tameichi Hara, Fred Saito and Roger Pineau I have many books on the War in the Pacific, but my collections mainly tells the story of the conflict from the American perspective so it was interesting to see the conflict from the perspective of the Japanese and especially when Captain Hara was one of the few who objected to the use of kamikaze pilots viewing it as against the true concept of bushido.

81) What Really Happened in Wuhan: The Cover-ups, the Conspiracies and the Classified Research by Sharri Markson I don’t generally subscribe to conspiracy theories, but I also don’t trust anything that comes out from China and given China’s history of withholding the whole truth, I’m less inclined to believe their narrative that the current COVID-19 naturally occurred out of the wet markets of Wuhan. Is it natural? Is it man-made? Using the available evidence, the author tries to piece together the story behind the outbreak and the mistakes made by world governments that would lead to the current pandemic.

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 12/06/21 03:44 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller