#27 - Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume

Peter Hatcher has a problem - his younger brother Farley, aka Fudge. Fudge can turn even the dullest day into a nightmare. Read this to my girls. It was one of my favorites as a kid. It was surprisingly nice to go back and kind of remember the details of it as the story progressed. And the kids loved it!

#28 - Project Hail Mary by Any Weir

A man awakens from a coma only to find himself in space, alone, in a desperate bid to save the Earth from an alien species that is literally eating away at the sun's ability to sustain life on our planet. The only problem is, he can't remember who he is or what he's doing in another solar system at first...

Loved this book! My husband and I sort of read it together, separately. He had his audiobook version, I had the printed version. This is the same author behind The Martian, and it really shows that he's done his research into making life in space (or on another planet, as the case may be, as realistic and believable as possible. He presents an engaging story and gives us glimpses into the main character's past in an effective way that works well with the present-day action. And when he introduces "Rocky," well, I for one, was in love with the character. (I also totally heard his dialogue in the voice of Baymax from Big Hero 6, and hubby agreed that he could see why.) Totally recommend this fantastical, interesting sci-fi book.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon