58) Zhou Enlai and the Xian Incident: An Eyewitness Account by Jui Ch’ing Lo, Luo Ruiqing and Wang Bingnan my knowledge of the Xian Incident only really extends to the fact that Chiang Kai-Shek was detained by his subordinate generals in order to force him to work with the communists to fight off the invading Japanese army in the Second Sino-Japanese War so this was a surprise find for me. As expected this obviously exalted the role of Zhou, but that said this was good insight overall into what occurred

59) The Silk Road by Norma Martyn honestly I can’t even remember where I found this book, I only know that like others it has been in my collection for a while. Martyn combines travel with history as she journeys along the three main routes that were used for the Silk Road.

60) Journeys on the Silk Road: An Explorer, Buddha’s Secret Library and the Unearthing of World’s Oldest Printed Book by Joyce Morgan and Conrad Walters I first heard about Aurel Stein and the Mogao Caves near the Chinese city of Dunhuang when I watched an old National Geographic documentary. A one time pit stop along the Silk Road, the caves like Tutankhamen’s tomb were almost lost to history until they were rediscovered. Amongst this discovery, is the Diamond Sutra dating from the Tang Dynasty and is the oldest printed book in the world preceding the Gutenberg Bible by some 500 years. This faded a little in the end, but was still enjoyable

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 09/06/21 06:19 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller