69) Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty by Daron Acemoglu and James A.Robinson this is an interesting analysis into what types of economic policies bring power and prosperity to nations and how at the same time other measures continue to drive the poverty divide in others. That said, it ends up being rather repetitive in its analysis and arguments.

70) The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Mushashi considered to be one of the greatest swordsman in Japanese history, Mushashi’s writings are studied in much the same way as that of Sun Tzu’s The Art of War, the only difference being is that Mushashi’s approach I found to be a little more on the philosophical side.

71) The Way of the Samurai by Inazo Nitobe Bushido, the code which the samurai abide by is explored in this text using the concept of the chivalric knights of the medieval era as a means of explaining a code that few people outside of Japan have heard of.

72) The Rise and Rule of Tamerlane by Beatrice M. Manz this is the last book of a boxed set I have put together by the Folio Society exploring the lives of three of the most famous Mongol conquerors. Like it’s two predecessors, this end up leaving me with more questions than the answers I’d hope to have, but still a good overview

73) Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great to the War Against the Taliban by Stephen Tanner well research and well written account of the troubles that have plagued Afghanistan since the time of Alexander the Great. Given the recent return of the Taliban to power, it is a study into how successive powers have failed in their attempt to take control of Afghanistan. This was originally published in 2002 and revised after the election of Barack Obama, so the later chapters aren’t really relevant to the current situation, but is clearly written to demonstrate what drives the deep divide within the country

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 10/29/21 06:59 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller