37) Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Volume 1 by Luo Guanzhong This is another of the four great novels of Chinese literature. It is also the oldest and perhaps the best known of all the classics. Volume 1 introduces the main players and their various alliances and battles as they struggle to gain control of China following the collapse of the Han Dynasty. Given my lack of literacy in Chinese, I did have to rely on google and my dad to fully understand who was who, but I actually did enjoy this.

38) Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics by Joe Biden this is a reprint to coincide with the election of President Biden, but was first published in 2007 before he became Obama’s running mate. Political memoirs are always going to be on the self serving side, but it was interesting to see his perspective on how he coped with the loss of his first wife and daughter in a car accident just after he was first elected. All in all I did enjoy this look into his years in the senate

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/07/21 10:16 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller