35) The Pearl by John Steinbeck based on a Mexican folktale the message of greed and societal norms is very good, but I just wasn’t as engaged by it like I had with his other novels.

36) Monkey King by Wu Cheng’en better known as Journey to the West (or to be more correct, the translation is West Journey Record) this is considered to be one of the four great novels in Chinese literature. I know this story in very rough detail, but since I can’t read Chinese, I’ve never actually read the book. This is a fictional account published during the Ming Dynasty of a Buddhist monk named Xuanzang who journeyed to India in search of Buddhist texts and would record his journey for official Tang Dynasty Records. Personally this was just too weird for me given the cast of characters who join him on this journey include a pig and a monkey (hence the title that the novel is better known by in western circles)

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/07/21 08:05 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller